• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

video taping

Anybody ever pair up in a stand and try to tape a shooting? We've been thinking about it, but not sure if the camera mic can handle the rifle blast from a couple of feet away. Anyone have some experiences to share? A guy at Best Buy said the camera mic's are pretty durable, and that it should be OK. Hate to blow it up.

A few years ago, I taped my brother's turkey hunt and it turned out great. I sat up against a tree that was about 5 feet from where he was set up. The gun blast was not that intense on tape and the camera is still in use with no mic problems. Not too mention sharing the experience together.

Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully we'll have the opportunity to give it a try. Last year the Bro couldn't figure out why there was no picture, lens cover closed. By the time we figured it out, the doe was out of position for a shot. Maybe this year we'll get it.

I wouldn't worry about it. I taped my brother two years ago and did no harm to the mic. Plus the shot sounded really good on tape. I definately recommend doing this if you have the opportunity. Come this time of year there is nothing better than watching a past hunt that you were part of.