• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Graphite rod storage

JohnMickish

How do you guys store your expensive graphite rods for the winter, do you keep them in the garage and let them go through numerous heat cycles or store them in the house/basement?

I suggested to the wife that I was going to bring all my lures and rod/reels into the basement for the winter to keep the moisture out and she looked at me like I was crazy. I might be wrong but I don't think the cold can be all that good for them.

What do you guys do? confused.gif

I have stored all my rods in my garage for years and never had a problem. I use some graphite rods ice fishing in and out of the house and never had a problem there either.

If your worried though why not put them in the house? I guess its better safe than sorry.

i bring all of my equipement in and store it in the basement. i go through and clean all of my reels , replace line, check the guides on my rods, fix lures; sharpen/replace hooks. and sort out lures that i didn't use.i store my rods on pegs/ screws mounted on a wall.( horizontally) i don't think it hurts the rods to be outside, but i like having them inside. del