• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stolen Trail Cams?

half2fish

How many of you own a trail camra and put it on public land? I dont have any where to put my new camra but on public land. How many of you have had one stolen? That is my biggest fear. How should i go aboout finding a spot to put it where no one will see it? Thanks for any help.

half. i don't have one, but listening to buddies that do. yes you always take a risk of having one stolen. even on private property.one thing i hear guys doing is placing it on a trail in the afternoon when they go hunting and then pick it back up in the morning. but there is always the chance. shoot! guys even have stands stolen on private ground that were chained to a tree. del

half

Leaving anything on public land is a risk. Simple as that.

Most people are good people, but there is always that bad apple roaming around with no concern for fellow man.

I have 3 cameras on private land, and I don't worry about losing my cameras to someone, but its a sure possibility since every now and then there are ATV tracks from tresspassers.

We even had some No Tresspassing signs stolen. (Probably kids, but you get the point)

I went out today and put it out. set it up on a small deer trail over looking 2 HUGE scrapes. I freshend up the scrapes with some deer scent. I feel that it wont get stolen. (HOPEFULLY) the trail isnt the esiest to get to. You cant ride any moterized vehicles in the management area, so it is about a two mile hike to my camra. plus you still have to walk down that certian trail too. but you never know thats why i chained it up to the tree. but the locks and chains are for the honest people only.

i put my new trail camera on a spot that is pretty secluded and figured no one would ever find it...wrong.. only took one month, was just out to hunt there tonight and it was gone.. [PoorWordUsage]es me off that people do that. If i actually ran into one i wouldn't even think twice about taking it. i will have to wait until next year now to buy another one.. ah well.. nothin like [PoorWordUsage]in money away..haha