• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Advice Please

NWBuck

Hey guys,

Long time reader but don't post much. I've got a question I'm sure someone out here can help me with. I'd like to take the wife on a fishing trip this summer to celebrate our 20th anniversary. She loves to fish, so I know she'd enjoy it. I've never been to Canada or fished any of the northern MN lakes either. Can anyone recommend a lake and/or resort that would cater to a relaxed fishing trip atmosphere, yet give us a chance to fight some of those great northern 'eyes and pike? I can either go guided or take our own boat...but would need a little help on location. Looking for a resort with a nice lodge and facilities and beautiful sunsets to boot. I don't want to spend a fortune on this thing, but a couple grand wouldn't be out of the question. Any advice or links to check out would be appreciated. Thanks.

NWBuck

Have you given any thought to a houseboat trip?

My wife and I did that for our honeymoon on LOW, out of Sioux Narrows.

The boats have hot and cold running water, microwaves, fridges and freezers, all the comforts of home. You can have a different island everyday if you move camp.

I would do another houseboat trip in a heartbeat.

nwbuck, Great place to go would be Rainy Lake, fishing is very good lots of good resorts you can get a guide, and you have a chance for big fish, go over to Rainy Lake forum, for more ? I just came back and I caught a 11lb 9ozs walleye 31.5 inches and my friend got a 12lb 8ozs walleye 32 inches, plus we had some nice eaters. Good luck Bob grin.gif