• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

snow plow

mtreno

i am thinking about putting a plow on my 500 sportsman but i have a few questions. how much snow can you really move with an atv - i mean the plow it self seems kinda small. how about taking it on and off? dont need ti bring the plow everywhere i want to go. i know they mount to a bracket on the frame in the middle but is this buy bolt or pin? how much ground chearence am i going to loose? thanks for any help.

If your looking to put a plow on your machine and have a winch on it I would recomend putting on a Glacier plow. They are easiest to put on and take off that I've seen. You'll loose maybe an inch of clearance if that. Other brands you will loose inch to 2.5. Some thing I have never nosticed being a huge problem.

I second teh Glacier plow. Put one on a 500 HO Sprotsman last winter and are they easy to put on and off. initial installation took a while for the brackets and what not, but other than that it is slick. As far as I know it will only fit Polaris.

I don't have a Glacier plow, but I can tell you that I can move a heck of a lot of snow with the ole ATV plow.

I have a Cycle Country. Works just great.

Someone else commented about the only problem being, that you need to find a place to put the snow. If we have a lot of snow, you need to be prepared for that. Make sure you push the snow as far off the driveway as you can. Once you start a pile, you cant move that pile. You can only add to it, and sooner or later you may run out of room. I am lucky. I just push the snow right over a retaining wall along my driveway.

Although, I did have a little accident last year. I drove over the wall... Thankfully, I had a lot of snow below, so I didn't drop to the bottom.

I had to tow it back over the wall with the Jeep. Whoops. grin.gif