• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

additives

bucketmouth64

Question

Wondering if any of you have good luck or recommend any additives that can be put in your vehicles oil. Such as Prolong, Duralube, Restore, Motor-up, and the rest.

Also, what about the additives to put into your gas tank that supposed to clean all parts associatited with gas like injectors. So many brands that say the same, but prices really differ. confused.gif

5 answers to this question

Check out the Justice Brothers line. I don't recall the exact names of their products but they have pretty much everything you could think of. Stuff for fuel lines, transmissions, oil additives and everything in between. I don't think it's too terribly expensive and it's the best stuff ou there IMHO.

i work in the warehouse at NAPA auto parts for a summer job when i'm not in school. you can buy a whole line of different brands but they do have various "fuel injector cleaners" specifically. A bottle of that stuff only costs a couple of bucks. I get it for free because theres a free shelf with dented cans and stuff like that and it works great. Also heard of using a bottle of seafoam. Put half a bottle in the gas tank and half a bottle in the oil and everything will be nice and clean.

By the way depending on how many miles are on this vehicle you may not want to add anything for sometimes over time the build up wears on things and then when removed well you can find a lost of compression along with alot of smoking. So if we are talking a vehicle with many miles that has never been really cleaned on a regular basis it is wise to just leave things alone.

"Don't Fix What is Not Broken"