• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WCHA poll

IFallsRon

It's a good thing there's Tech and Alaska to keep St. Cloud off the bottom. Time to find a coach who recruits players instead of making the team a one-year stop to the pros:

Western Collegiate Hockey Association coaches have picked the University of Minnesota-Duluth to win the league's regular season title.

Minnesota-Duluth, second a year ago to the University of North Dakota in the race for the MacNaughton Cup, drew seven of 10 first-place votes to finish atop this year's poll, conducted by the Grand Forks Herald.

UND, Wisconsin, and Colorado College drew one first-place vote each to finish 2-3-4 in the poll. Minnesota; Denver; St. Cloud State; Minnesota State, Mankato; Michigan Tech and Alaska-Anchorage rounded out the poll.

Even as a UMD fan the poll seems a bit odd to me. How can the defending national champions be rated so low!!!! And Minnesota and North Dakota always seem to replace whoever they lose to the NHL. Plus, UMD lost half it's goal scoring production with Lessard graduating (note I say graduating, not just leaving.) Should be a very tight year, though, lots of fun.

I hate to say it but I agree with the poll I'm a goher fan and with all the dog fans I work with, lets say it's going to be a long winter.

Reason being is goaltending. Isac's goaltending as a freshman was phenomenal, last year he got off to a slow start. This along with the advantage of playing 1/2 your games in a pill box sized rink your accustomed to practicing in lends a big advantage. If they stay healthy I think UMD will look pretty good. If someone steps to the plate and takes up the slack of Lassard they are a lock.

I also think WI will do well and am forever faithfull that the gophers will have a surprise or two --- like a rumored Canadian recruit.