• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Been there, Done that

Was just wondering who has been to a live race or hasn't ever been to one, and your thoughts on actually being there over watching it on TV? I, myself have never been to one, yet. A friend of mine from work goes to the Daytona 500 almost every year. This past race at Daytona he was able to get me a great shot of junior (Dale that is) pitting in his pitbox. Just curious how many of you fishing and hunting enthusists have actually attended a live race.

Since Nascar races are scheduled the same as our fishing season it's hard to get away to a race. Although in 1997 we were invited to the Brickyard 400. We sat in the suite (turn 2) for qualifying and practice. Then on race day we had tickets about 10 rows up from the pits. Being our 1st race, we didn't know to rent the scanners, so we missed the narratives. We could watch the race on the pits crew monitor, which was cool. They fly by the grandstands, it's hard to tell who's who. grin.gif

They do have the pole with the running order, and I think they have made many improvements at Indy since '97. It was exciting, the cars are louder and brighter than you see on TV. The only thing I wish we could have was pit passes. Being an invited guest in the suites, you eat breakfast with the likes of Jimmy Spencer, Johnny Rutherford, Robert Yates, etc. and then also go to the restaurant for dinner with the likes of A.J. Foyt!

I would like to go to Bristol, the track you can see the race at, although I hear tickets are impossible to get. frown.gif

------------------

ClementsonAccessOnRainyRiver Resort
Fishing on the Rainy River
in Lake of the Woods Area

I am also a big nascar fan or aleast try to be. I went to chicago last year and its nothing like watching it on t.v. LOUD is one way to discribe it! Other than being packed in your seat it was pretty awesome. One other cool thing was DEI teams were staying in the same hotel as us and was had one of Dale Jr.'s pit guys in our room for awhile. I believe Hoover was his name. He takes the tear offs off the window during the race. Kinda cool to here about all the things they do. I to would like to go to bristol but tickets are impossible to get. Hoover said that last year bristol istalled more seats amd after the race the fire department was called in because people were scared to come down from the top seats. I guess there almost straight up. Would like to go to a race again. Gives me goose bumps when they start there engines!

I'am also a huge fan of racing, I got to go to Talladega a couple of years ago and let me tell ya it was awsome! The track was so much bigger in person than on tv. Our tickets for the Busch race were on the start/finish line at the very top and the cup seats were just after turn 4, we could see straight down pit road. Bring your hiking boots if you ever get to go, and I do recomend it. I also would like to go to Bristol, but we all know the chances of that!

I was at the brick yard last year, and you guessed it...It was awsome!! What else can I guy not fishing want... 500,000 drunk fans with a total of 750,000 teeth agong them yellin over the tune of raw power for 3 straight hours !!

Actually, was a great time and money well spent. Unlike going to the Football or baseball games you really can enjoy it without having a TV to see it on. I would suggest going a few days early so you can watch the qualifing, happy hours etc... Last year the Iroc boys raced and had there championship the day before the race. Only bad thing about the brickyard is that the trucks race that weekend also but not at the same track, they where down the road a few mile.

GO Rusty!!

Did 1 NASCAR race, at Vegas. It was rain shortened. Still, I would second all that was said above. Loud and fun. We sat in turn 4 so I called home and ridiculed my son just as the cars came thru to take the green at the start of the race. He wasn't amused. The weather for the Busch race was outstanding and we had great seats for that one. Went to one Busch race in St. Louis as well, a night race which was a blast.

Nick

Goose bumps is it from start to finish ! I've only been to Daytona but that is one unbelievable race. I used up my cell phone plus my vocal chords. The roar of those cars is something one has to witness first hand, and it is worth every bit of standing in line and waiting in traffic...if SHE can deal with it, which for me was not the case. Next time I'm goin with some buddies ! Dale Jr. is the pied piper and that in and of itself is really really special, and thank you to his Dad who was one heck of a everything for getting all this really rolling. I still have his #3 on my Ford truck rear window. Gonna go watch the Pepsi 400 right now....what is up with that Leffler last night in the Busch race ?? Dummy up stupid !

Lakeman