• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MEA Weekend

wdgold

Looking to do some grouse hunting with the family over mea weekend in October. We have a fifth wheel, any suggestions on campgrounds that would be close to some grouse hunting areas. Thanks

Hey wdgold!
I think you might need to narrow it down a little bit. Are you planning on the NW, NE, Central, East Central, SE part of the state? I'm familiar with the East Central part. St. Croix State Park might be a good choice. Good Luck!

mm

I am more familiar with the east central part also, St.Croix state forest and namadji.
Also have done some hunting in the chippewa national forest by longville. I would also be interested in NC and SE part of the state.We bought our first camper last year and stayed at banning st. park for mea weekend and had a good time and it was a nice campground the only thing was is they had no dump station, so we were looking for new ideas on where we could camp this year.

According to the DNR drumming counts the central and East central parts of the state had the biggest increase in the state this year. I'm looking forward to doing some grousing around the Hinkley and Mora areas this fall. Unfortunately I don't know off hand a lot of camping places.

mm