• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cyberfish vs. Basspastor 2004 Ice

Cyb came up on new years day. All the while visions of Big Crappies dancing in heads due to a hoax post of mine about how he should have come up New Years Eve cause I was whacking and stacking.

I threw Cyb a good one and he was thoroughly depressed by the fib. Here's how our New Years Grudge Match went.

1/1: Platte Lake- The BP got a small pike and Cyb got three Crappies. That gave the day to Cyb.

1/2: Mille Lacs- Cyb got some little perch, BP got nada.

Sullivan- BP got some Rock Bass and Cyb got nada.

Bulldog- Cyb and BP both got numerous little Crips but none over the 9inch Minimum to Count. However when we went to sudden death BP got the "Golden" Final Fish and Took the day.

1/3: Cyb and BP went to Brainerd to celebrate Bp's 34th Birthday. Among other things we checked out Mills Fleet. BP-Gives the Rapala Ice Fishing Rods high marks and we both give the New open water Cubbie Rods the thumbs up. We didn't fish.

1/4: Platte- BP got one small Crip, and the Cyb got skunked. However do to the 9" minimum and no sudden death face off, this day is officially a draw.

I think Cyb is losing his ice fishing touch or I am getting better. I did best the Cyb on our last Ice outing of 03 as well.

And the Basspastor Rules! .08oz
While the Cyberfish Drools! SKUNK SKUNK 0.00

Cyb would have been DQed anyway. He got lost on the way back in despite his navigator telling him where to go with a GPS. What a toad!

Actually there were 11 fish. A limit of Perch and 1 walleye but half of the perch stuck to the bottom or sides of my pail and I didn't notice until after they were weighed which didn't matter cause as long as I weighed 1 fish Cyb was beaten.

I didn't see any minimum size requirement in the rules.

Cyberfish's fish:

(that's right, there weren't any)
Picture Peppy Le Pew in your minds eye.

[This message has been edited by Basspastor (edited 01-30-2004).]

You guys are awesome! I enjoy talking with you guys and listening to the little "cheap shot" comments. LOL, makes things interesting!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Here here! I didn't weigh in any fish! However, there are worse things than getting skunked!, like weighing in this:

f9c28657.jpg

Mmmmm, now which one is the walleye, and which is the bait? Isn't it illegal to use walleyes for bait to catch fatheads?

That photo is a hoax, the walleye I caught was twice as big, and it looks like the pic was taken in Cyb's living room not my uncarpeted Fish Trap 2 on Mille Lacs.

Nice try Toad!

Well Cyb came up to try his hand on my super secret Panfish spot that is loaded with more than just panfish, though the walleyes seem to have disappeared from the flat at this point. On Sat. the 28th I had to run errands and Cyb had the flat all to himself rocking the Largemouth but couldn't connect with bigger Crappies or Sunnies.

While we were both fishing on the 28th, I took him yet again getting just as many Bass, more Pike, Sunnies, and Crappies.

However my fortunes changed on the 29th and Cyb wiped me out across the board except for in the Perch category. Neither of us got a Crappie and he kicked my Bass 12 to 2.

In the past two days Cyb iced and released a total of 29 Bass from 13 to 19inches all on 3lb Test. I put 8 on the Ice from 13 to 18 inches.

Two of my highlights were Bass on the underwater camera. One involved two bass racing to get the lure first, the loser in the race took my deadstick while I was fighting the winner. It is interesting when you have a doubles with yourself. Today I also had two bass come in and look at my offerings but they were not takers on my Shrimpo or deadsticked Crappie minnow. Cyb and I doubles on Bass and Pike at one point this weekend as well.

We must be at the early late ice stage.

You guys rock! Glad to hear there is a little friendly competition going on wink.gif You guys should come out the Metro Get Together on March 20 out on South Center, then we can all see first hand the excitement of the Cyberfish vs. Basspastor Classic!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

Well, in the final Grudge Match of the Ice Season we agreed on a 5 Sunfish or Crappie limit judged by total length and once again the BP came out on top. Cyb's heart just wasn't in it today. While I manged to bring up a limit of 7 and 8 inch Crappies.

Cyb must be losing his golden winter touch because I used to never out fish him and this year he only beat me outright once, and all the other days were either a draw or I bested him.

Well Cyb, there is always open water and Fishers of Men tournies.