• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm heading up miles bay later on this morning. My dad told me that the bite is pretty good up there but sleds is the only way to get there. A friend of mine just emailed me a few photos of some nice 15 inch crappies that they had caught in just one hour. I imagine the bite at Hay Island is still good but there is a consistent size of smaller fish there. Seems to be nicer fish caught in the miles bay area as far as slabs go and good walleye fishing just a few minutes away. I'll have to let you know how we do if we dont get blown off the lake. Heard its posta be breezy! Brian

Well I didnt make it up on Saturday cuz it was a little too breezy. only like 30 MPH plus give or take a few. Stayed home but it turn out to be a nice day later on in the afternoon, so I went for a ride on the sled. Aint much for snow here on the rainy river. However on sunday I did go up north to miles bay. We got a late start so there was people there when we got there. We ended up with like 35 or so and threw a bunch back. Even got a few walleyes. One guy out there got a 4 lb or so walleye on his ultra light on 4 lb test. He said that was fun. There was few nice one in there, 15 inch was the biggest and the rest were in the 10 -13 inch range and the small one went back. I dont have a Vex so I dont know how deep we were and where the slabs were at. Even a few tulibees were caught and the eagles really like those, it was kinda neat to watch them swoop down and pick them up. As far as getting around out there, the ride was excellent and you can really cruise if you wanted to not like here in MN were where you can get a speeding ticket on your sled. Thats why I like to ride the lake in Canada so I can go cruise as fast as I want. The snow is really hard pack cuz when we had that warm spell it settled most of the snow and its really smooth out there. One guy came out there later and he took him less than 12 minutes to cover 13 -14 miles. Just enough snow to keep everything cool on your sled. Didnt hit any slush but that dont mean its gone. Looks like little rain in the forecast but i wont be around to see. Head to California tonight and wont be back til friday just in time for the weekend. Have fun fishing and good luck. Brian