• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clear Lake Help???

A few buddies and myself are going to Clear lake this weekend sat& sun. Looking for some help on a few things...

1.Need a place to stay overnight? Anyplace close to the lake? and a tavern grin.gif

2. Bait stores? Locations? phone numbers? best place to get minnows?

3. Any fishing advise for clear lake is Greatly Appreciated. Tackle? locations?

This will the first time to clear for all of us,and really want my buddies to have a good time.Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

IceC

------------------
Have an Ice day :)

get off hwy 18 west, there is places to stay and food. also go west a few miles to the mcintosh state park sign, turn left go to the T, turn right and go a short ways, on the right there is dome bait house, they have what you will need.

Great! Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

Are yellow bass good eating?

Any recent fishing reports?

Thanks again,

IceC

------------------
Have an Ice day smile.gif

[This message has been edited by IceC (edited 01-07-2004).]

Dome bait is definately where to get your bait and they'll point you in the right direction. The yellow bite had been very good at the island and near farmers beach. 3pm- 6pm is best. There's a motel on hwy 18, Lake Country Inn that I know alot of hunters use, 1-641-357-2184.

As for a good bar to go to I would go downtown to Rookies. There are a few others around town, but that one is the best of the choices.

The others are Players, usually have bands on the weeknds, on south shore drive.

Then there is Lou's lounge, absolutely the worst place I've been to. Dance club that is always too packed and usually has a few fights. But is you like rap this is the place.

I think there are a few others downtown between Rookies and the lake.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info guys!

Thanks Fez Hunt, we're staying at the motel you mentioned. I dont think you can beat it for $40 a night smile.gif

Thanks Goody for the articles, very informative!We've never fished for, or seen a yellow bass grin.gif

Fishpopup, tell the guys at Dome Bait we'll be by early sat. morning and sunday too grin.gif

Is anyone going to be at Clear lake this weekend??

E-Mail me at [email protected] if you will be around, maybe we can hookup! hehehe

Wish us Luck anyway grin.gif

Thanks again,

IceC

------------------
Have an Ice day :)