• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clear Lake Ice Fishing

I am looking into putting an ice shack on Clear Lake this year. I haven't ever ice fished clear lake and wondered how it's been. I know the walleyes have been good the past couple summers, but haven't heard much about crappies. Also, location for fish house?

Bring on the Ice down south

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Hey ShdBfshn,
I might want to ice fish with you on Clear lake sometime.

If you have a good map, I'd like to try it. Maybe we could learn it together. Or maybe someone knows the lake and will invite us along with them.

What do you think?

Made it out ice fishing for the first time this year, went out from the pump station on Dead Man's curve. Had 7" of ice. Caught 2 yellow bass and 8 walleyes but no walleyes over the 14" minimum. Sure felt good to be out on the ice!

I have never fished Clear Lake,and I was wondering how the ice fishing is come early January? I am looking to plan a trip and am just looking for some ideas to get me off on the right foot. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Keep the rods bending
Jason

All i know is it's been pretty darn warm in central iowa. All the ponds are pretty close to open. I can't imagine the ice being any good up at clear lake. I'll be driving by on sunday. I'll see if i can't hop off the interstate for a sec and give ya a report.

------------------
Jake

I went by Pine lake(by Eldora) last night and there were three guys out on the ice. The ice was pulled away from the shoreline about 2 foot. I didn't have a latern with me so I didn't feel like venturing out in the dark to see how they were doing. I would guess that there are still a few guys fishing clear lake? I am planning on fishing somewhere this weekend, hopefully I dont have to go too far north.

Hey fisher101...you never did answer my prior question about the "101" part of the name...is this like an "introductory to fisher" course? Pass/Fail?!
Have high hopes of getting out myself. Just don't want my milkbones to get wet! hehehe
Will be checking the web sites and with the bait stores for any and all accessable ice. Stay on Top!
doginit

UG,

Sounds good to me. I have yet to ice fish this season. But that will all come to an end sunday. When i come up to your neck of the woods. Looking for ice reports or info on prior lake or surrounding are lakes. I'll post when i'll be up at clear lake.

Seeya then,

Jake

Hey guys I am from Ankeny and moved here last year and would like to find some people to ice fish with .... email me if you are looking for someone to fish with ..... [email protected]

[This message has been edited by raidermack (edited 12-22-2002).]

i fish clear lake about once a week. i travel from urbandale, that is why i go up only once a week, but i'm a die hard. the largest walleye caught was 9.3 29" not bad. last sat ice was 7" i'm on vacation from 28dec to 12jan if anyone wants to fish, either clear lake or southern minnesota.

Would any one be willing to show me how to fish on Clear Lake? I have most of the gear so that would not be a problem. If there is somebody that is willing to I would offer to show them how to fish on Spirit Lake or Storm Lake in exchange. Anyone up for it let me know. Thanks and Merry X-mas