• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

walkin' the woods?

I was wondering what the snow depth is up north. Particularly the north central area of zone #1. Two weeks ago I was planning on doing a little Red Lake fishing in the late afternoon-evenings and some all day walk abouts during the mornings and early afternoons. The trouble was that the area I needed to get back to was still covered in a couple of feet of snow and drifts,and somewhere around 3 miles back in the woods. The last thing that I want to do is bring up the 4 wheeler again for nothing. The country that I'm interested in is the Northolm area.

I went through the Duluth area and N. WI last weekend and the snow was melting fast with the rain and warm winds. 2.5' on Friday, 8" left on SundayI think you should be fine. I am bringing my atv up over Easter.

Howdy Birddog7mm

I like your call sign - pretty much covers everything.

I was at my cabin this weekend. Closest town is Talmoon. I'm about 20 miles straight east of Squaw Lake, so probably 30-40 miles SE of Northome.

Deepest snow I had was about 10 inches, and there were only a few spots like that. Most of woods was split between no snow or only 1-3 inches. The forecast from Bemidji for this week is highs in the mid 50's early and then mid 40's towards the end of the week, with a chance of rain. Unless we get more snow this week (still below freezing at night), at my place it should all be gone by next weekend.