• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Break-in at our hunting / fishing cabin

Our little cabin & shed 5 miles north of Belview had the chain at the entry removed & doors kicked in. Tools, hunting and fishing stuff taken. I will update what was stolen. I'm hopping some sportsmen with some good ears might be able to help me out.
Missing 5 very nice whitetail racks: 3 - 10 point, 1 - 11 point, 1 - 8 point w/skull.

Charles Anderson

------------------
Teach kids to hunt and fish.

That's the place. My Dad and I have been working on that place for over 30 years. It was a cow pasture, before we bought it. And little by little we made it into our hunting place. What makes me upset most, of all the stuff taken, was loosing all the nice racks we had collected over the years of deer hunting with my Dad & now my son. One very nice chocolate brown, 11 point rack, I got 2 seasons ago, with my then 10 year old boy. He hunted the 1st weekend and the 2nd weekend with me and we had passed on 15 deer, 6 of them bucks. My son was up with me before light and we didn't come back in till dark. It was one of my most memorable hunts I've had. Teaching him some patients... When I left the Army in 89 I got very nice ivory heavy beamed, high tine 10, it was duck hunting weather & I was wet, cold and wanting to quit on that last day. Then a little movement in the cattails & He pocked his head out of the swamp and all I could see was his head and rack.. Took careful air and shot him in the head.. that warmed me up. I've got some pictures I'll try and post. I could really use the help of some of you out there. Could you please contact your local taxidermists and tell them to be on the lookout for 5 or 6 very nice whitetail racks. They are not caped. The 11 point has the skin removed from the base around the antlers, and the others all have hair on the bases. One 8 or 9 point is bleached out & attached to the full skull.

Thanks

Charles Anderson

------------------
Teach kids to hunt and fish.