• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting with hounds

I hunt coyotes in the winter with a group of guys. They run walkers and a few Blueticks, I tell you if you never experianced a hound bawling on a hot track your missing out. I grew up hunting racoons with my Uncle and his Black and Tans, and I've been hooked on hound music ever since.

We run a "silent" walker right now, he was introduced to hunting by a Leopard Cur, who was also silent. My favorite was a Norwegian Elk Hound that was given to us by Leah's dad. The elk hound was a great dog 99% of the time he was hunting the other 1% of the time he wanted affection.(great people dog) And then there's "Blue", I'm couldn't even tell ya what he was, kinda looked like a blue tick, hence his name, but he was definately a hound.

The areas that I hunt,(racoons) you only need to run 1 or 2 dogs, and "silent" dogs are preffered. We kinda work them like pointing bird dogs. I have been reading up on and thinking of getting a couple dogs to coyote hunt with.

im just getting into coon hunting i have a black and tan she has treed a few coon but really don't have time to hunt her so were are you guys from and have you been doing any good