• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Area 51 land to hunt??

I just got drawn for area 51. This is my first year hunting bear and now need to find a place to hunt. Do people tend to hunt public land and is there enough of it to find a good place to hunt?

Also, is there any guides or people y ou can hire to keep to do the baiting?

We hunt public land and it does get a bit busy, if you have access to private land I would hunt there. You can view(and print) the Winners Notification notice online at the DNR web page. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/hunting/bear/index.html
There is also a list of guides available.

Last year was my first year and although it ended up being a terrible year, I had a lot of fun, and I learned a lot. Almost everyone I talked to recommended attending the bear clinic. There is a list of dates, times and locations in the winners notification. I'm definitely attending this year.

Good luck,
joe

[This message has been edited by metrojoe (edited 06-10-2003).]