• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp Lakes

The Egg

Round lake(near Phalen). aka - $%*! lake

Mississippi - under the high bridge in downtown Saint Paul. Some of the poeple that live down there can be quite entertaining at times also.

We have caught some real monsters out of round. Ya gotta get there at the right time, otherwise the weeds are to much to deal with.

------------------
Ice fishin SUCKS...
But I do it anyway.

There are a number of small ponds in the metro that sometimes hold a lot of carp. I know of two, one of which is mostly smaller fish and I use lighter bass grade tackle on, the other one where the average size is around 7-12 lbs and I've lost a lot of fish larger. Both of these particualr ponds beat my catch rate on the Mississippt on pretty much any given day.

Also I've heard Forest Lake and Bald Eagle both have some monster Carp in them, but both are a lot of water to cover.

I second long lake in new brighton. the schools of them i have seen in there are nuts. when I was younger I used to fish the pond by st louis park jr high and did really well for lots of fish.

Theres a lot of Carp in Spring lake? Hmmmn...

I've never done well with Carp on large lakes. Pretty much have just caught them out of small ponds and the rivers. I know Forest and Bald Eagle have some monsters in them, but never had much luck yet