• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MY FIRST CARP!

Those things are FUN! Mississippi River - Otsego. About a 4 lber, I think, and it wouldn't stop fighting! I was using a wad of Berkely Carp Bait (gag gift for a buddy that I never mailed) on a #2 circle hook. I don't know how long he was suckin' on that doughball, but he was hooked nicely in the lip - easy release. I'm gonna take the kids down for that action! I like their smell, too. They smell like chlorophyll. Cool.

I like that when no other fish wanted to come out & play on a cold & windy night - the carp was willing.

Peace and Fishes,

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

Carp are fine fish - highly regarded as game and food fish all over the world. They are also smarter than most fish making them a pretty good challenge to catch. They run like freight trains too! Simple canned corn makes a good bait for them too.

I'd forgotten how much fun those things are until I was out with Dark and Dennis. They really put up a fight! We should go carpin' some evening coming up now that the clocks are gonna jump ahead again. Maybe the Crow or sumpin.

mm

yea, they are fun, especially at times like this when other species are not accessible. I have caught a lot of carp this year. I have t give a carp fishing seminar at my school fishing club on tuesday.

My four year-old hit into one Saturday - about a 4 or 5 lber, I guess. He did it on an ice-spinning rod and had the fight of his life! It came up out of the Missy and when it surfaced, it then sounded and stripped a good 20-30 feet of line! He fought it back with dad coaching. When he was done he was all red-faced and shocked, as well as super proud!

Carp are dynamite!

Was out on Tonka yesterday saw many HUGE carp (10-35 maybe 40 pounds) and lots of Black Bass, Crappies, Sunnies and one big Musky...

Caught a 10 lb even card on super ultralight with 4 pound, did nto fight nearly what it could have though...

Wally