• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Its Official.......

The hard water season is here. For the first time in a couple of years there is substantial ice on the river, no more excuses. Get your gear and go brave the elements. It torments a guy during the off-season...we plan, we buy, we restring tip-ups, we argue the dollars with spouses ect... Central south dakota is heating up with ice action and it should be a banner year for throwing some fat pigs on the ice to partially freeze for easy cleaning back on land. I am hearing reports from just the last 3-4 days that indicate "prime time" has arrived!!! Dont forget the cabelas "frosty bobber" tourny kicks off jan. 31st on lake mitchell. Sould be some good prizes with cabelas sponsoring. Hope to see/meet some of you there. Otherwise.....if you see a lonely shack out on the missouri, feel free to be hospitable and share a beverage and some ice fishing talk over some open holes. By the way, there was good steady action for eyes this past weekend in the chamberlain area. Iceman out>

Hey Iceman,
Gonna be out on the river this weekend. Probably be on the water in the afternoon on Saturday. I'll be in a green eskimo traveler house. Just wondering if you'll be out and I could stop and talk to ya maybe over a cold brew. Hope to see ya this weekend.

Hey Iceman, I got your message last nite. I was gonna give you a call right back but my battery died out on me. Tried the railroad bridge last nite... was on 5" of ice, I was setting up tip-ups when you called. Current must've just started because the ice was loud! Constant cracking and banging... even felt a couple of them. Picked up a 20" and a 10" in 8' of water. How did you do??

Foster, Did fairly well last night. Was more of a exploratory trip as i had never been to that lake. It has great potential though. i iced about a half dozen nice blue gills (7-9") I didnt stay long but i found what i was after...a good spot to take the crumbsnatchers out for some good panfish action to keep them busy!!! Iceman out>