• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I fished Roy a couple of times this winter, with good success. With the fishing regs here in Minnesota, I might try to get out there as soon as the ice is off. What kind of fishing can I expect early season? Techniques or Tips? Any info is greatly appreciated!

A good person to contact at Roy Lake is Jen at Roy Lake Resort. She knows a lot tips to help with spring fishing on Roy. Tell her that the weather guy sent you and she'll treat you right.

Walleyeman45
what size of fish were you able to find on Roy this winter? I've heard of some nice walleys and crappies caught out of there, and I'm going out 4/11. Thought i might give it a try.

We caught a lot of real nice perch 10"-13". They were biting like crazy in the early evening. Also caught a half dozen walleyes that were right around 16". Also hauled in a couple of gators. We were fishing in 15' of water in front of the access. We didn't get into any crappies. I did hear from some guys staying at Roy Lake Lodge that they catch 1 1/2lb - 2lb crappies off the dock at the lodge in the spring! Let us know how well you do.