• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dangerous ice on Waubay

On Wednesday , two of us were fishing Perch at the federal refuge on Waubay. We were out in the middle in 25 feet of water when we both broke through the ice. I got out quickly and got on my belly to help my friend, Jerry pull himself out. In just the few hours that we were out the ice had really rotted. There's no fish in that lake worth dying for. STAY OFF AND GET YOUR BOAT READY. When we got to shore we told two of the refuge employees what had happened and one of them asked me how the fishing had been. I looked at him and the first thing that came to mind was," Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?" They both got the joke. In short, Stay off, the ice season is done.