• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I heared boats were out on Lake Vermillion west of Sioux Falls last weekend. I would think the ice will be gone on Brant pretty soon. Lots of open Water up there all winter.

Up by Watertown I would say April 5 or after. Ice was almost 3 feet thick up there.

We drove past Beaver Lake by Humboldt that was wide open with thousands and thousands of snow geese on it. That's not real big lake so hard saying, but I'd guess theres got to be a lot of open water in se part of the state with it staying above freezing nearly 24 hours a day now.

I was out at Vermillion a week ago (on the ice) but there was only about eight inches of ice where I was at and I'd estimate about 1/4 of it was open water. There's fresh water coming in the lake as well so I'd bet it's nearly if not completely wide open now.

The lack of new posts on this site would seem to indicate nobody's been out on the ice up north too so would guess it's no longer safe.

Lake Madison had some pretty good open water as of Saturday. One boat out on Johnsons point. he must have put in right off the end of the point because the boat ramp still had ice around it.