• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lake vermillion

was out at lake vermillion today. southern part of the lake is all open. 3 boats were out there and a bunch ofpeople snagging carp at the spillway. didn't see anyone left on the ice. and didn't see anyone catching anything other than bullheads and carp

I just got home from Lake V. I was among a few venturous folks that did the last ice thing. Where I was at it was about eight inches thick, but when I drilled the holes, instead of a fine textured snow-like ice coming out of the holes, cubes were coming out. The shorelines are going fast so have to think hard water fishing there is done for the season.

I fished from about 5:30 until 7:30 and caught and released one 1/2 lb crappie, one 1 lb. northern and five walleyes that were in the 12 - 15 inch range. Lost a couple others. Fun finish to the ice fishing season since I don't think I'll make it up north in the next week or two.

[This message has been edited by greebs (edited 03-17-2003).]