• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

If it your first time up there I would stop in at West Wind Resort. If you have any questions they will be able to answer them for you. They are good people! The main thing to remember is DO NOT cross onto the reservation waters. they will take everything you have!! I mean everything!! Last year one guy accidentally landed his plane on res water... hasn't got it back yet! Just a warning. I have talked to a quite a few people up there the last two weeks and they have said the bite is picking up. The main thing is to keep mobile. I f they aren't biting in one spot move 10-15 feet. The fish are always moving so you kind of have to keep up with them. I was up about a month and a half ago, didn't limit out but the fish are enormous!! Didn't catch one under 10". I am heading up this weekend and next. We always have a good time weather the fish bite or not. You may want to scroll down the forum page to the Upper Red Lake forum. You can learn everything you want to know and even some stuff you don't want. Have fun.

------------------
wiggle it...jiggle it... just do what it takes!

Nicholas,

I'm not sure why you want to drive to URl when you've got much better fishing in the Webster area right now.

You can target Perch, Walleye, Northerns and Crappies all in a 10 mile radius of Webster.

URL is so "burned", the '95 year class of big Crappies is almost all fished out and you'll get so many 10" Walleyes pecking at your bait you'll get really tired of it.

You may be just wanting to take a road trip right now, but I wouldn't waste the time and energy hoping for a good bite there.

If you really want a to make a road trip to chase big Crappies hit Rainy Lake instead on the Canadian side.

------------------
Chells

I wouldn't say the 95 year class is fished out on URL, or even close to it. But, I do agree that you have great fishing within 10 miles of Webster. And, the Walleye and Pike seasons are still open.

Have you ever chased slabs on Waubay? Those are quality fish. The last time I fished Waubay we got into the huge crappies. They are very nice fish. NE SD offers it all.