• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Stone

With the weather out side right now I'm looking forward to open water and getting out in the boat again. I will be giving Big Stone a try for the first time this spring. Anyone have any tips on where to get started? Anyone have any colors or presentations known to do well? Thanks.

------------------
Adam Adler [email protected]
Minnesota, the land of 10,000 fishing trips....

Big Stone can be really good early in the summer. Opening weekend is really hit and miss(not to mention very crowded). We usually shoot for the second and third weekend to head out there. But have fished the opener several times. Generally pitch small jig/jigheads with a minnow up along the shoreline will put fish in the boat. Look for shoreline points, creeks and transition areas(rock, gravel, sand). I also have had good luck working the wood. Especially if the water is up. Just swim the jig back. If this doesn't work go to the first break. Sometime the fish can be in the channel area as well.

Usually the north end produces better early in the year. But a lot depends on the spring we end up having.

Good Luck!