• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I saw a report on the that said walleyes toward the evening on Dry lake. I'm guessing they meant the one by Florence. I know there is two other dry lakes in South Dakota, but they usually say Dry Lake #1 or Dry Lake #2 when they report those lakes.

I would think the walleyes would be coming back after the heavy fishing pressure the lake got in 1999.

Boy do I miss Watertown...... :-( I've use to have some great spring wade fishing out there on the flooded road bed on the west side. I would wade out on the road bed and find the "ditch." I would pitch small jigs tipped with a minnow. There were nights right at dark when I would literally be vertical jigging just 6'6" from myself and nail the fish.

We ice fished this same area, but had little results. That was back when I didn't have a vexilar though. I know I would have been much more productive had I just bought one. We also fish the dead trees in the northwest corner with some success. My cousin mounted one perch out of that hole, 14.5". Great fish. I also fish the NE corner of the lake by the steep cut. I never did get a bite over there either, although many friends had good luck in this area.

Hey Waterfowler, It just so happens I'm going to Watertown area tomorrow for 2 days of ice fishing. I've got a couple of lakes in mind for starters but can use all the help I can get. Any ideas? For that matter does anyone have any info that will help?
Thanks in advance Lucky

Lucky,

Your probably gone by now, but I'll try anyway. I haven't lived there for three years so I'm drawing a blank on some names. Just east of Wtn on 212, there is a chain of lakes, round, bullhead(?) and Mary(???). I was never skunked out on bullhead. It's a dusk bite and the size is small. You'll likely catch many fish in the 12-14" range, but we would often go through 20 - 30 fish in two hours. Of course those fish may 16 inchers now.

Brush, south of Wtn on 81 to 14, take 14 east a couple miles on the south side of the road was also a very good evening bite. Hwy 81 ponds during the day for perch action, but I never did get any size there. We fished the west side of the road, there is a gravel road the goes west of 81, about 1 mile or so, then take a right and go north to fish a flooded road bed. Lots of litle perch and the pike action was pretty good too.

I also did well out on Poinsett at times, but this is a hit or miss lake for me. Kampeska right in town could be a good place at times, right out in front of the inlet on the north side by Lakeshore restaurant. Pelican on the south side of town also pumps out some great perch and walleyes.

Good luck and let us know how you did!!

Your right waterfowler I missed your report, but thanks for the info anyway.
I did very well on Lynn and Waubay. Got some great info from Paul at Sportsmans Cove Bait in Webster! Got plenty of walleye
even brought home a limit largest being 24"
Walleye, and caught a couple of bonus pike too!