• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Preston

I heard that people have been fishing at lake preston and that they've caught some big perch. Didn't this lake supposedly freeze out completely just two years ago?

I suppose they restocked the lake but does that lake get runoff from other waters that they can get big perch so often? Seems the lake froze out in 1996-1997 winter too but they were again getting big ones out of there the winter of 2000-2001 if I have my numbers correct and again had sever winterkill. I suppose there could be a few pockets of areas in the lake that are deeper than the rest of the lake which as I understand it is is only about 6-8 feet deep. Did the state perhaps put in some adult perch when they stocked in 2001 or something?

[This message has been edited by ifishsd (edited 12-05-2002).]

It may have only been a partial winter kill, which is a good thing. With a partial winter kill the little fish die first. Thus, leaving only the bigger and stronger fish. Some of the best fishing is on lakes like this. I don't know if this holds true for Perch but it is very true for Bluegill. Scott Steil