• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Mitchell

I am going to be in Mitchell for Thanksgiving and wonder if anybody knows if this lake holds walleyes and where is a good place to get some.
Looking to get away from relatives for few minutes before dinner starts.

Thanks

Val

That's what I was wondering also, if it was frozen over or not and how much ice ?

Well I guess if nobody will post before I leave.....I'll do the report when I'll be back smile.gif .

Thanks.

I can't help you with the fishing, only played on the lake when I went to school there. Be carefull if you go out on the ice. The lake has some springs in it, every year someone dumps a vehicle/sled in that lake. Wish I could help more.....

Hey, I grew up in Mitchell. Caught alot of walleye out of that lake. Hav'nt fished it for several years though. Also used to be known for large crappies. If I were to try for walleyes there I would fish the dam, either side of the spillway along the riprap. The old standby jig and minnow or if your working the rocks shallow try a rap. Good Luck, Tim