• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Staying in Webster.....best motel?

I'll be fishing the Webster/Waubay area over Labor Day and was wondering how the motels are in Webster. The only vacancies are at the Holiday and Super 8.

Any info you want to throw in about walleye, perch or crappie fishing at that time would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Stayed at the Super 8 a few times. Rooms are smaller, but they have fish cleaning facilties.

Hard to say what the fishing will be like by then. Best bet is to stop at Local bait shop and ask where they are biting. If fishing Waubay and you see a bunch of boats out in the middle, that is where the perch are.

Check out my profile for my homepage. I have links to South dakota fishing reports.

Try Long or Horseshoe (very close to each other) for walleyes. Long was really hot a week ago but the weather is not stable. Fish have turned on to jig w/full crawler vs. plugs. Lynn lake is a good bet for crappie. They are a dam to find but if you get on them you will cath fish for hours and hours.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the replies.....

I've got a room booked at the Holiday, but I may change that if the Super 8 has a fish cleaning room.

Sounds to me like all the regular lakes are putting fish out, depending on the day, weather, etc.

Keep the info coming and I'll report back after the trip.

I have stayed at most of the places over there and so far they have all had fish cleaning areas and were clean. Let us know how the fishing goes.ScottS