• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

JIvers

Mississipi River - Prairie du Chien Area Fishing Report

As much as I love getting back to my old backwater stomping grounds around Winona and Lacrosse when the backwaters freeze over, I just can't get up there as much as I would like.

I made a couple trips to some backwaters around Prairie du Chien and Marquette/McGregor this all-too-short ice fishing season, and generally like what I found. Plenty of nice bluegills, a crappie here and there, plus perch, which are pretty much non-existent where I live in Johnson County.

I was on Graymore Lake today, and did well on panfish before noon. I caught a decent bass on my tip-up, and am pretty sure I saw not one but two walleye--yes, walleye--caught on that backwater as well. Some of the locals I talked to said the walleye have moved in there this winter due to the high water, and are not normally found there. 

The ice was still good today, but it sounds like it is going to go out quick with the warm-up. That is too bad, but I plan on getting up around there again next winter and checking the PDC area out some more.

1-2017 PDC Perch.JPG

2-11-2017  PDC Panfish B.JPG

Will up date this. All my info is coming from the Miss. face book page. The ice Is good, but watch areas with current. They have been doing well on blue gills, perch, and crappies! Not many reports on northern, but have been getting bass on tip ups.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• I have an terrova with Ipilot, (not link),   I lay the trolling motor in the bottom of the boat which is stored in covered storage.  It has been fine for several years.   Gets darn cold up around Cook.   No problem.  On the other hand I bring my depth finders and transducer home and store above freezing due to bad experiences with Lowrance transducers in previous years and ambiguity in documents about my elite 7s I have two  
    • ^^^^^^^^   1. zimmerman and stefanski should be fired, cousins benched. (or released)   2. the review by the "experts" in NY has destroyed any legitimacy this sport may have had.   Should note cousins contract. speilman got played. (he should go too)    
    • Ive never really been a fan of replay.  I think we've all seen cases where the refs still screwed it up after replay so we're trading one bad call for another.  Its interesting to hear the rules guy they have commenting on the broadcasts.  They always give their opinions on how they see the play and whether it should be overturned or not.  Yesterday there were 2 reviews that they disagreed with how the officials called the play after review which shows how its all still subjective.    You can look at every single play during a game and probably find something to call on both teams if you look hard enough which I think is a case of what happened during Diggs touchdown that was called back.  Cook either ran into the defender or intentionally tried to block him.  I'm not sure its 100% clear either way and isn't the benchmark supposed to be "clear and indisputable"?  Unfortunately now that replay is a thing pandora is out of its box and I don't think it can ever be put back in.  
    • 1. I think the play call was fine, Cousins just F'ed it up. Play action on first down after you have been running up and down the field on a team is pretty standard but throwing into triple coverage on a play like that is not.   2. Anyone who has ever advocated for instant replay review in sports is now getting what they deserve in my opinion. I could have told you that there would be a natural progression that would lead to this point and beyond. I say get rid of replay review in it's entirety and live and die by what referees call on the field. I was told at the beginning stages of replay that the reason was "so we get the calls right". If that is really the reason, you should be happy they got it right. 
    • Only 2 comments on the game.    1. What a lousy throw by Cousins in the endzone and what a lousy play call.  They were running the ball right down the Packers throats, why would you not keep running it.  2. I think I hate the new PI replay.  To take a touchdown off the board because they noticed someone maybe sorta blocking when they reviewed the scoring play is kind of a joke.  The PI wasn't called on the field and no one challenged it.  When you're reviewing the scoring play it seems like you should only be reviewing if the player got the ball across the line without losing control.  Pretty soon they'll be reviewing every lineman to make sure they weren't holding on the play as well and that none of them moved a thousandth of a second before the snap.  If that happens I hope they also review every defensive player to make sure they didn't move early, hold, or engage a receiver after 5 yards.  It really feels like we've gone too far with this replay thing and they're using it as a answer to everything when sometime you're just exchanging one bad call for another.    I think thats all I've got besides the fact that I haven't been real impressed with the NFC north so far.  The Packers and Vikings look average to decent but hardly superbowl contenders.  The Bears squeaked out a win but they are looking like they don't have much to work with at QB.  And the Lions as usual aren't worth talking about.  
    • The roof is finally on and I got some of the wiring started.  The tin came in over the weekend so I was able to pick that up last night.  I will start to put that up this week if the weather permits.
    • This is where:   Big Dave2 HSO Legacy Member Don't know much about football, huh?   😁   Doesn't matter if we have a good QB. We're a running team! 🙄
    • I hope they draft a good QB next year. That was a shiatty play call on first and goal to begin with. Pack aren't that impressive, neither are the Vikes.
    • Anybody lose any touchdowns today? 🤷‍♂️