• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Extreme Max Boat Lift Boss is easy to install! Awesome product to replace your manual crank lift

walleye44

Question

If you are still hand cranking your boat lift & are worried about how hard it is to install an aftermarket electronic boat lift motor, let me put your fears to rest.  First, I did my research on which boat lift motor to purchase. I called around & asked questions.  The technical support for EXTREME MAX & what you get for the price for the Lift Boss motor; they were the best.  I really like the water proof design of the motor case. The motor does not just sit out in the elements. They have a 2 year replacement warranty. Plus, they are local in the Lino Lakes/ Hugo MN area! You deal with people when you call! If there is a warranty issue, they fix it there on site. They do not need to send it out. They know their products inside & out. They answered all my questions fast.  You can get the motor in an AC (120V) or DC (12/24 volt). You can choose just a key-turn, wireless (comes with key backups) & a cable model.  Since my dock sections are a total of 150 feet long, I choose the DC model & I liked the fact of wireless as well. The only difference between the 12 volt & 24 volt system is you need a jumper wire, (2) batteries hangers & (2) batteries. The only difference in performance would be the speed of the lift. If you buy the solar charger, you need to buy a 12 volt or a 24 volt system. They only work with one or two batteries so you need to make your decision at first, not upgrade to the 24 volt system later.  I would have maybe preferred the cable option instead, but I bought the LED canopy light that works with the wireless option only. The light is a very nice option when coming back at dusk or at night! I could not believe how well it lit up my boat lift. 

Once I found my tools, it took around 30 minute to install. This was a one person install & very easy. They have step by step instructions that are very easy to follow as well.  I have this installed on an older Shore Station 4000# lift so your install pictures might be slightly different then my pictures.  The first thing you do is make sure you boat lift is at the lowest position & secure your boat off the lift. You do not want any tension on the cables.  I then hung my battery hangers & batteries under the canopy.  Next, you remove the acorn nut holding the manual wheel on. You do not just pull the wheel off; It’s spins off.  Now, you remove the brass washer & the brake (ratchet wheel). Next, you remove the brake dog (clacker pawl). Just take the bolt out & remove. You do not need these parts with the new motor, but keep them in case you ever need the wheel again.  Next, remove the cotter pin on the spindle bolt. Then, pull out the bolt & then remove the spindle. Replace the spindle & bolt with built in lock with the new boss lift parts. No cotter pin is needed. I love that design!  Next, install the new torque arm & slide the boss lift over the new spindle with supplied bolting.  I plugged in the boat lift motor in after I installed the batteries cables.  I then zipped tied the LED light & wires to the canopy & plugged my LED wire in to the boat lift motor. Tighten the bolting & you are ready to put your boat on & raise it on the lift. The other nice thing about this lift motor is if your batteries go dead, it has a drill attachment spot so you still can raise or lower the lift.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Edited by walleye44

2 answers to this question

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:20 PM, delcecchi said:

Very nice.  At first I thought this was more of the hit and run spam ads that show up now and then here.  I was mistaken. 

What did the whole set up cost? 

Please double check pricing on the page. I hope this helps. Have a good one.

You can go to WWW.EXTREMEMAX.COM

It depends on which model AC or DC you choose?  On DC you can do (1) battery setup (12 volt) or a (2) battery (24 volt) setup. Basically just faster for the 24 volt system. They give you plenty of options.

DC or AC key $735

DC or AC with cord $840

DC or AC with wireless remote $1050.  ( For the LED light you need the wireless )

You can then choose the Key only style, cable or the wireless remote. The wireless does come with (2) key backups.

Installation kit depends on your model of boat lift. $84.95 through $104.95

Battery holder $64.35 or Battery Hanger under the canopy are $99.95

LED light is $67.95

Solar panel charger 12V $254.95 or Solar panel charger 24V $270.  Could also charge up your batteries on your own.

Jumper wire 24V only $19.80

Join the conversation

You can post now ↓↓↓ or ask your question and then register. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Carrots are huge. Picked green beans after being gone 6 days.  There laying on top of an 8 cu ft freezer. 
    • Fox friend came by last night looking for a handout. I gave him some bread with peanutbutter on it. It was skippy chunky not the cheap jif that smurfy buys! 🤣  
    • Fish quit biting for 27 months?
    • Best hot spots & latest news about Iowa’s fishing reports NORTHWEST Black Hawk Lake Water temperatures are in the mid 70s. Water levels are 2 inches above spillway. Water clarity is about 12 inches. Black Crappie - Fair: Pick up crappie in and around the fish house in Town Bay and along Ice House Point shoreline. Crappie are up to 10- to 12-inches. Morning and evening bite are best. Bluegill - Slow: Try a nightcrawler under a bobber fished from the fish house or around the rock piles. Largemouth Bass - Slow. Walleye - Slow: Try the submerged rock piles in the east basin and the shoreline along Ice House Point.  Brushy Creek Lake Water temperatures are in the mid-70s. Black Crappie - Fair: Find crappie in 10-15 feet of water. Bluegill - Slow: Find bluegill near submerged rock/brush piles in 5-15 feet of water. Largemouth Bass – Fair: Try soft plastics in deeper weedlines and rock/brush piles in 8-15 feet of water.  Walleye - Slow: Pick up walleye in 10-15 feet of water on rock/brush piles. Yellow Perch – Fair North Twin Lake Water levels are about 12 inches below the crest of the spillway. Surface water temperatures are in the mid 70s. Channel Catfish - Fair: Try fishing from shore in 2-6 feet of water near rocky structure.  A recent survey showed good numbers of 16-inches to 24-inches fish.  Storm Lake (incl Little Storm Lake) Water temperatures are in the low to mid-70s. Black Crappie – Slow. Channel Catfish - Fair. Largemouth Bass - Slow. Walleye - Fair: Pick up walleye off shore near the dredge cuts; use a crawler harness or crankbaits. White Bass - Fair. Yellow Bass – Fair. Water temperatures are in the mid 70s in most area lakes. For more information, contact the Black Hawk District office at 712-657-2638.   Beeds Lake Black Crappie - Good: Drift fish or troll small jigs along the north shore. Bluegill - Fair. Yellow Bass - Slow. Clear Lake Water level is about 1 inch below crest. Water temperatures are mid-70s. Water clarity is 20 inches. Channel Catfish - Slow: Try fishing rock reef areas and wind-swept shorelines. Best bite after sunset. Walleye - Fair: Anglers are catching walleye with live bait and crankbaits. Fish are in 3 to 8 feet of water. Try rock reefs areas and near edge of vegetation. Yellow Bass - Fair: Anglers are catching a few yellow bass while targeting walleye. Live bait below slip bobbers or drifting works best. Crystal Lake Black Crappie- Fair: Drift fish or troll small jigs in the dredge cut. Bluegill - Fair.  Walleye - Fair: Try fishing near vegetation edges and along the old roadbed. Rice Lake Bluegill – Slow. Largemouth Bass - Good: Try fishing woody habitat. Morning bite best. Walleye - slow. Winnebago River River level is 5.2 feet. Smallmouth Bass - Fair.  For information on lakes and rivers in north central Iowa, contact Clear Lake Fish and Wildlife office at 641-357-3517.   East Okoboji Lake Lake level is around 2 inches over crest. Black Crappie - Good:  Bluegill - Good: Many bluegill seen, easily catchable around functional docks. Largemouth Bass - Fair: Bass are a little ways off shore; you can still find some around docks and other structure. Yellow Perch - Good: Many perch  seen; sorting most likely needed. Ingham Lake Walleye - Fair: Anglers success morning and afternoon.   Silver Lake (Dickinson) Lake level is below crest. Lake outlet boards broken during high water this summer, but now replaced. Lake is experiencing an algae bloom. Walleye - Good: Bite hit-or-miss, but very good when bite is on. Spirit Lake Lake level is around 1 inch over crest. Black Crappie - Good: Anglers finding quality-size crappie; biting on almost anything. Bluegill - Fair. Walleye - Good: Anglers are catching quality-sized walleye. Evening bite best with leech and bobber from shore or crankbaits and slip bobbers by boat. Yellow Perch - Good: Sorting may be needed. West Okoboji Lake Lake level about 2 inches above crest. Black Crappie - Fair: Bluegill - Good. Pumpkinseed - Good. Walleye - Fair. Yellow Perch - Fair: Sorting may be needed. Water levels are barely above crest and water temperatures are in the low to mid 70s. Many area lakes are currently experiencing algae blooms.  For current conditions, call the Spirit Lake District Office at 712-336-1840.   NORTHEAST Cedar River (above Nashua) Water clarity improving as levels return to normal. Use caution when water; watch for submerged hazards. Visit the National Water Prediction Service webpage for more information. Channel Catfish - Good: Try worms or chubs fished on the bottom in calm water or edge of current. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Use crankbaits in off channel areas or eddies. Walleye - Good: Find walleye in deeper water; try jigs tipped with minnow or spinnerbaits. Decorah District Streams   All announced and unannounced streams stocked this week. Streams in northern Winneshiek and Allamakee counties clearing after recent rains. Wild parsnip is dying back. Don't touch this plant; it can cause painful blisters. Terrestrial insects are more abundant as heat of summer progresses. Gnats, mosquitoes, and no-see-ums are out in force. Brook Trout - Slow: Sneak up on brook trout for a better chance to catch one of these beauties. Good hatches of mayflies, dragonflies, grasshoppers, crickets, and ants. Brown Trout - Good: Try fishing near or around logs or undercut banks. Spinnerbaits work well. Also try streamers on larger waterbodies. Brown trout like cloudy water. Rainbow Trout - Good: Use spinnerbaits, hair jigs, or hooks tipped with a small piece of worm, bread, or cheese floated through deeper holes. Lake Hendricks Water clarity is good. Water temperature in the 80s. Black Crappie - Good: Try small jigs tipped with minnow in about 6 feet of water.  Bluegill – Good: Bluegills are shallow; use a small piece of worm or waxworm. Channel Catfish - Good: Try nightcrawler or squashed minnow on hook near bottom. Largemouth Bass - Good: Use topwater lures along edge of vegetation.  Lake Meyer Lake clarity continues to improve. Water temperature low 80s. Most fish suspended at depths not greater than 6 feet. Black Crappie - Good: Use spinnerbaits or jig tipped with minnow in 6 feet of water or less. Trolling is a great option. Bluegill - Good: Try small hooks tipped with a waxworm or small piece of worm under bobber. Channel Catfish - Good: Use nightcrawler on hook fished at bottom. Largemouth Bass - Good: Try spinnerbait along edge of vegetation. Reports of anglers catching quite a few small bass. North Bear Creek Stream habitat improvements completed on upper North Bear downstream of 380th St. bridge with seeding and mulching. Improvements between 128th Ave. and 380th Street will start soon. Rainbow Trout - Slow: Thanks for staying out of this area until vegetation gets established. There are many other great locations to fish on North Bear. Stocking continues below this area weekly. Turkey River (above Clermont) Water clarity is good as levels stabilize. Use caution when on water. Visit National Water Prediction Service webpage for more information. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Use shallow running crankbaits or spinners along current breaks or rocky shores. Walleye - Good: Try fishing near evening along rocky shorelines or current breaks.  Turkey River (below Clermont) Water clarity improving as levels return to normal. Use caution when on water. Visit National Water Prediction Service webpage for more. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Find smallies in deeper holes or near rock ledges. Walleye - Good: Use crankbaits or jigs tipped with plastics in off channel areas. Upper Iowa River (above Decorah) Water level stabilizing with improved clarity. Use caution on water. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Find bass along rock ledges and deeper pools around woody habitat. Walleye - Good: Find walleye in deeper runs or pools and in back eddies; use spinnerbaits or a jig tipped with a plastic worm. Upper Iowa River (below Decorah) Water level stabilizing with improved clarity. Use caution as snags and debris move through. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Find smallies in off channel areas and back eddies; use spinners or streamers. Walleye - Fair: Find walleyes in deeper water and back eddies. Evening bite is best; try spinners or crankbaits.  Volga Lake Water clarity improving. Water temperature in the 80s. Black Crappie – Good: Find crappies in 6 feet of water or less or near drop-offs; use a jig tipped with a minnow. Bluegill – Good: Try a small piece of worm on a hook under bobber near brush or rocky areas. Channel Catfish – Good: Use a squished minnow or worm fished on bottom. Largemouth Bass – Good: Try spinners or crankbaits along jetties or drop-offs.  Volga River Water levels elevated but stabilizing with improved clarity. Visit National Water Prediction Service webpage for details. Yellow River Water levels stabilizing with improved water clarity. Use caution as snags and debris move through. Brown Trout - Good: Find trout below or just off riffles. A spinner or shallow running crankbait should interest a hungry mouth. Smallmouth Bass - Fair: Try jigs tipped with plastics in deeper holes or near rocky ledges. Water levels on area rivers and streams are falling or stabilizing. Water clarity is good to excellent. Weekend temperatures in upper 80s to low 90s for highs to upper 60s at night. Chance of storms possible through Saturday. For more, contact Chuck Gipp Decorah Fish Hatchery at 563-382-8324.   Cedar River (Nashua to La Porte City) Anglers are catching channel catfish. Channel Catfish - Good: Try chubs fished on river bottom below snags or other structure. Flathead Catfish - Fair: Use chubs on river bottom below snags or other structure. Smallmouth Bass - Fair: Try lead head jigs with twister tails. Walleye - Fair: Cast and retrieve lead head jigs tipped with a nightcrawler.  George Wyth Lake Anglers are catching crappie and bluegill. Black Crappie - Good: Use electronics to find and drift a live minnow under a bobber or artificial jigs over structure in 6 to 8 feet of water. Bluegill - Good: Use a piece of worm under a bobber in areas with structure or off the jetties. Lake Delhi Anglers are catching crappie. Avoid weekends; concentrate efforts early morning and evenings during the weekdays. Black Crappie - Good: Try a minnow under a slip bobber around shoreline structure in 6 to 8 feet of water. Manchester District Streams Rainbow trout stocking on schedule. Brown trout fishing fair, especially evenings. Brown Trout - Fair: Use crankbaits, jigs, spinners, dry flies, or nymphs. Rainbow Trout - Good: Try jigs, spinners, crankbaits, or live bait. Maquoketa River (above Monticello) Anglers catching smallmouth bass and walleye in Delaware County. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Use live or artificial tackle. Walleye - Fair: Cast and retrieve lead head jigs tipped with a nightcrawler. Shell Rock River (Greene to Shell Rock) No fishing information this week. Wapsipinicon River (Tripoli to Troy Mills) Anglers are catching smallmouth bass. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Use lead head jigs with twister tails. Interior rivers are at usual levels this time of year to provide great angling. Lakes in and around Cedar Falls are producing catches of panfish. Trout streams remain in excellent condition. For more, contact Manchester Hatchery at 563-927-3276.    MISSISSIPPI RIVER Mississippi River Pool 9 Water level is 8.1 feet at Lansing, predicted stable next week. Water slightly stained and 75 degrees. Army Road at New Albin, Heytman's Landing, and Lansing Village Creek are open. Bluegill - Excellent: Bluegill moved off spawning beds into deeper water. Use light tackle on flooded shorelines and weed beds. Channel Catfish - Good: Anglers catching channel cats on crawlers and stink bait. Flathead Catfish - Good: Use live bluegill or shiners in tailwaters of Lock & Dams and large tree snags in deeper sloughs. Freshwater Drum - Excellent: Try a piece of crawler off bottom along main channel and side channel current.  Largemouth Bass - Good: Cast frog baits along weed edges in upper portions of backwaters. Northern Pike - Good: Try fishing the shallows along weed beds in backwater lakes. Try fishing near the mouth of coldwater streams and spring inlets during the heat of summer. Smallmouth Bass - Excellent: Smallmouth are biting in areas with moderate current. Cast spinners and crankbaits along the main channel rock shorelines. Walleye - Fair: Troll crankbaits on three-way rigs along deep side channel borders and wing dams. White Bass - Good: Throw inline spinners along current breaks. Watch for schools of minnows jumping as white bass are feeding. Yellow Perch - Fair: Jig for perch in the vegetation off edge of cuts in 6-8 feet of water. Mississippi River Pool 10 Water level is 615.8 feet at Lynxville and is predicted to settle around 615 feet next week. Boat ramps at Nobles Island, Marquette, McGregor, Bussey Lake, and Sny Magill are open.  Bluegill - Excellent: Bluegill have moved off spawning beds into deeper water. Use light tackle on flooded shorelines and weed beds. Channel Catfish - Good: Anglers are catching a few channel cats on crawlers. Flathead Catfish - Good: Use live bluegill or shiners in the tailwaters of the Lock & Dams and large tree snags in deeper sloughs. Freshwater Drum - Good: Try a piece of crawler off the bottom along the main channel and side channel current. Largemouth Bass - Good: Cast frog baits along weed edges in upper portions of the backwaters. Northern Pike - Fair: Try fishing the shallows along weed beds in backwater lakes. Try near the mouth of coldwater streams and spring inlets during the heat of summer.  Smallmouth Bass - Good: Smallmouth are biting in areas with moderate current. Cast spinners and crankbaits along the main channel rock shorelines or at the spillway. Walleye - Fair: Troll crankbaits on three-way rigs along deep side channel borders and wing dams. White Bass - Good: Throw inline spinners along current breaks. Watch for schools of minnows jumping as white bass are feeding. Yellow Perch - Fair: Jig for perch in the vegetation off edge of cuts in 6-8 feet of water. Mississippi River Pool 11 Water level is 8.9 feet at Guttenberg in the tailwaters and is expected to settle near 8.0 feet next week. Guttenberg City, Turkey River Landing, Finley's Landing and Mud Lake ramps are open. Bluegill - Excellent: Bluegill have moved off spawning beds into deeper water. Use light tackle on flooded shorelines and weed beds. Channel Catfish - Good: Anglers are catching a few channel cats on crawlers or cut bait. Flathead Catfish - Good: Use live bluegill or shiners in the tailwaters of the Lock & Dams and large tree snags in deeper sloughs. Freshwater Drum - Good: Try a piece of crawler off the bottom along the main channel and side channel current. Largemouth Bass - Good: Cast frog baits along weed edges in upper portions of the backwaters. Northern Pike - Good: Try fishing the shallows along weed beds in backwater lakes. Try near the mouth of coldwater streams and spring inlets during the heat of summer. Smallmouth Bass - Excellent: Smallmouth are biting in areas with moderate current. Cast spinners and crankbaits along the main channel rock shorelines. Walleye - Fair: Troll crankbaits on three-way rigs along deep side channel borders and wing dams. White Bass - Good: Throw inline spinners along current breaks. Watch for schools of minnows jumping as white bass are feeding. Yellow Perch - Fair: Jig for perch in the vegetation off edge of cuts in 6-8 feet of water. Upper Mississippi River levels at Pools 9 -11 are falling slightly and expected to stabilize. All boat ramps have reopened. Water temperatures are in the mid to upper 70s. A lot of weeds are floating, but water clarity is improving. Panfish are biting in areas of slight current.   Mississippi River Pool 12 Water level is stable at 7.2 feet at Dubuque Lock and Dam and 9.6 feet at the RR bridge. Water temperature is in the upper 70s. Bluegill - Good: Try fishing along the weedline edges that are starting to show back up after the flood receded. Channel Catfish - Excellent: The post-flood bite has been phenomenal; most anglers are using stink bait. Flathead Catfish - Fair: Anglers are using trot lines where they can find non-flooded banks. Freshwater Drum - Excellent: Use big crayfish to catch big drum. Otherwise try a simple egg sinker worm rig in areas of moderate current. Largemouth Bass - Excellent: Bass are stacked up along shoreline weed edges. Northern Pike - Good: Pike, like other predators, are seen feeding on the abundant forage along the shorelines. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Try small crankbaits or spinners along rock lines. Walleye - Fair: Many anglers are targeting smaller flowing sloughs with crankbaits. White Bass - Good: White bass have been a consistent in the creel. Try flashy spinners in tailwater areas. Mississippi River Pool 13 The water level is receding slowly and near 7.9 feet at Bellevue. Water temperature is 75 degrees. The water is clear. Bluegill - Good: Some sorting may be needed to find nicer bluegill; many are being caught with worm rigs along the main channel shoreline. Brown Bullhead - No Report: Anglers using egg sinker and worm rigs in the lower pool above Clinton are catching good numbers of this unique bullhead. Channel Catfish - Excellent: Channel catfishing has been phenomenal post-flood; most anglers are using stink bait. Freshwater Drum - Excellent: Drum are a consistent biter in moderate current areas; use an egg sinker worm rig. Largemouth Bass - Excellent: Find weed lines away from the main channel. Anglers are using gaudy spinnerbaits or frog imitation lures. Smallmouth Bass - Excellent: Try spinners or jigs around rock lines to catch abundant smallies. Walleye - Fair: Some vegetation is starting to float after the flood making keeping a crankbait in the water a little difficult. White Bass - Excellent: Try white jigs or small spinners in the Bellevue tailwaters. Mississippi River Pool 14 The water level is slowly receding near 7.2 feet at Fulton, 10.8 feet at Camanche and 5.6 feet at LeClaire. The water is clear. Water temperature is 77 degrees. Bluegill - Good: Some sorting may be needed to find nicer bluegill; many are being caught with worm rigs along the main channel shoreline. Channel Catfish - Excellent: Channel catfish like flood waters and will move along the banks to feed; use stink baits. Freshwater Drum - Excellent: Worm rig with egg sinker fished along shore in moderate current will catch this consistent biter. Largemouth Bass - Excellent: Find weedlines that remain after the flood recedes; throw frog lures or spinner baits. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Use spinners or jigs next to rock lines. White Bass - Good: Try flashy spinners or small white jigs along shorelines near the tailwater.  Mississippi River Pool 15  The water level is slowly receding near 7.8 feet at Rock Island. The water is clear. Water temperature is around 77 degrees. Channel Catfish - Excellent: Try stink bait rigs near shore to catch abundant catfish. Freshwater Drum - Excellent: Worm rig with egg sinker fished along shore in moderate current will catch this consistent biter. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Try fishing along the many rock lines with moderate current to catch abundant smallmouth bass. Water has been somewhat stable the past three weeks. Quality fishing has returned to the river. If you have angling questions, please call Bellevue Fisheries Management at 563-880-8781.    SOUTHEAST Cedar River (Moscow to Columbus Junction)) Water level is down a little more. Some sandbars are starting to show up. Iowa River (Columbus Junction to Mississippi River) Very slowly dropping in level. Still more than enough to boat, just the highest parts of the sandbars showing.  Channel Catfish  - Good: Try minnows and nightcrawlers along the back drop-offs on the sandbars and just behind the back edges of the brush piles, not too far out from the bank. Lake Belva Deer Water temperature is down a little more to the mid 70s degrees. Water clarity remains a foot and a half with green water. Black Crappie - Slow: Try slow drifting out from the beach along the tree line down to about the north boat ramp. Bluegill - Fair: Expect bluegills to start to move into shallower water, but not in a rush to do so. Largemouth Bass - Fair: Expect bass to start to move into shallow chasing the bluegills; they currently are happy in the deeper water. Lake Darling Water temperature is in mid 70s and holding. Water remains cloudy but less green. Bluegill - Fair: Smaller bluegills are moving closer to shore. Bigger fish ones are still keeping to the deeper water in 10-12 feet. Channel Catfish - Fair: The cooler water temperature are getting the water in upper layer mixing good oxygen down to 12-13 feet. Lake Geode Water temperature has dropped into the upper 70s Water clarity is a little under 3 feet. Bluegill - Fair: Smaller bluegills are active. Try drift troll over the deeper habitat to find bigger ones that are getting to 8 inch in size. Channel Catfish - Fair: Try to work the flat up along the north shore down lake of the beach.  Catfish like the area when water is cooling down. Lost Grove Lake Water temperature is holding in the mid-70s. Water still has a green tint.  Channel Catfish - Fair: Still finding some around the culvert piles and along the face of the dam. Most anglers are using the stink baits. Largemouth Bass - Slow: Expect some bass to start to move in shallower; try jigging off the deeper (10-12 feet) habitat: trees and rock piles.   Skunk River (Rose Hill to Coppock) Water remains at about half bank full level. Current speed has slowed down to about normal. Should be plenty of water for most jon boats.  Channel Catfish - Good: Try cut baits and stink bait with good hook holding ability. For more information on the above lakes and rivers call the Lake Darling Fisheries Office at 319-694-2430.   Central Park Lake Bluegill - Good: Use small plastics or worms to catch suspended fish in open water. Channel Catfish – Good: Try crawlers, chicken livers, or stink bait around rocks. Lots of eater-sized fish are being caught. Largemouth Bass – Good: A variety of artificials are working all day.  Redear Sunfish - Good: Slow: Fish are suspended with the bluegills. Best bite is evenings or after dark on small jigs or worms. Coralville Reservoir Lake level is holding at 683.7 feet. The water is dirtier than it has been, especially in the upper section. Water temps are in mid 70s. Channel Catfish - Fair: Troll or drift cut bait in the channel. Largemouth Bass - Fair: Cast artificials along rocky shorelines. Walleye - Slow : Try fishing early or late with a jig/crawler on rock banks. White Crappie - Fair: Use bright jigs or minnows along rock bluffs or over deeper brush. Diamond Lake Black Crappie – Slow.  Bluegill – Fair. Channel Catfish – Fair.  Largemouth Bass – Slow.  Hannen Lake Bluegill - Good: Most fish are smaller-sized. Channel Catfish - Fair: Some 2-3 pound catfish are being caught. Largemouth Bass - Fair: More 15-inch bass are showing up. Lake Macbride The 10 hp maximum is in effect. Water temps are in the mid 70s. Black Crappie - Fair: Try jigs or minnows around brush in 5-10 feet of water. Bluegill - Fair: Use worms or small jigs around rock shorelines or rock humps. Channel Catfish - Fair: Chicken livers or crawlers work best. Largemouth Bass - Fair: Try fishing around rock, wood, or vegetation. Spotted bass - Good: Try fishing along shallow rock. Most  fish are less than 14-inches. Walleye - Slow: Fish rockbars and points with jigs or live bait rigs. Wiper (Hybrid Striped Bass) -Fair: Troll crankbaits in open water or watch for surface activity early/late in the day. Pleasant Creek Lake Mornings and evenings have been best for all species. Black Crappie - Slow. Bluegill - Fair.  Channel Catfish - Fair. Largemouth Bass - Fair.  Walleye - Slow.  Wiper (Hybrid Striped Bass) - Fair. Wapsipinicon River (Troy Mills to Oxford Junction) River levels are low. Walleye - Good: Try crankbaits or jig/crawler in deeper holes. For more information, contact the Lake Macbride Fisheries Station at 319-624-3615.   Hawthorn Lake Black Crappie - Fair: Try jig and minnow combinations in brush piles. Bluegill - Fair: Use jigs along the shoreline and open areas in the vegetation. Tip the jigs with a chunk of nightcrawler. Channel Catfish - Fair: Try nightcrawlers or chubs in 6-10 feet of water. Largemouth Bass - Good: Target the fishing jetties and rip-rapped shorelines. Use plastics in these areas and in open areas of the vegetation. Lake Keomah Lake Keomah is drained for a lake restoration project. 
    • Well we made it out to the great Lake Superior in Marquette, Michigan and we were met with clouds and rain which turned into lightning storms cancelling our trip unfortunately!  Captain did say the fishing was going really well too catching mostly lake trout.  Bummer not to fish, but we found a pretty nice city that we would like to explore more and try to get out fishing, so we plan to return someday soon.
    • They gotta lot of growing to do in a month or so.
    • Mama wood duck with 9 babies!      
    • no i have not tried fermenting veggies before........wouldnt know where to start!!!!   and someone ratted you out!!!!!!!!!🤣 when i looked at the picture......i got faked out by the tomato cages!!!!!!!1🥴🙄😉
    • Hey Smurfy, have you ever fermented vegetables before? I've got some Tabasco peppers that I might give it a try with. And I thought those cherry tomatoes were gonna slide right on by after being posted for a few days.    
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.