• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tree/bush id

RebelSS

Can anyone tell me what type of bush or tree these come from? Red-poll finches are packing them into my hanging planters, trying to make a nest. Strip of tinfoil on some mono fish line hung above planters and blowing around seems to be working so far....:angry:

DSC02215.JPG

Just figured it out. Green ash from my neighbor's tree. They sure are packing them around a lot, just saw one with a beak full of them.

2 minutes ago, smurfy said:

man that's one fat ugly hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin::grin::P:whistle:

and let them poor little birdies make there nest you big bully!!!!!!!!:D

Good for bonking Smurfs on their noggin'. :grin:

And the foil strip blowing around worked....birds won't come near them. 

:D:grin: we have had robins make nests in some of the hanging plants at times. now they make them on the underside frame of the deck. I let them nest wherever they like. as long as there an insect eating machine they are welcome.

I actually would like to put up a bat house..............but momma aint to hip about it. seen a few last week........didn't tell her though!:lol:

I have a maple that drops like a bazzilion helicoptors. shop vaced them outta my rocks and ended up with a 40 lb dog food bag 3/4 full.

Edited by smurfy