• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New project - Elevated hunting stand

For many years I wanted to build one for all days sits in nasty weather, finally after a deck remodel and a few good snags on c-list I am on my way.  I maybe have 75 into this blind so far, the platform if 6x8, the blind itself is 6x6 perched about 9 feet up.  This is on my hunting land in the UP of Michigan.  Now if I can see a deer or two it would be all worth wild.  I have lots of work to complete most notably the roof next weekend, I have the door all framed and ready to be installed and a window system to figure out with Plexiglas.  I will also be adding a little camo to this in the near future.

IMG_1174.JPG

IMG_1175.JPG

Edited by perchking

I used to love making deer stands, mostly just the basic ones.  It is almost as fun as deer hunting.  Looking awesome and it seems to have a front porch feature to it.  I have found that those type stands end up with a lot of flies in them and when you fire up the heater they come to life.  Only negative, have fun and make sure the windows don't squeak!

I know about the cluster flies, I hate those darn things. I typically only hunt from popup blinds and tree stands, I have to be cautious not to make this so comfy, I am prone to naps:)

Yes there is a 2 foot deck on the backside, if it gets to warm I may need to build a little bench.  I am planning on a keeping a 20lb cylinder out there also.