• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Food Plots

triggertrav

The weeds took over on of our food plots, so we decided to rework it and put down some winter wheat.  Part of the field is clover/grass, we left that.

The rest of the field has corn on the outside and had a mix of corn/beans in the middle.  The middle is what got away from us.

20150825_182619.thumb.jpg.ccb7baeaa7ff63

So i brush hogged the center for digging/planting.

20150825_182623.thumb.jpg.ce856af0b16907

The weeds got pretty tall.

20150825_192707.thumb.jpg.da996887c9b2ab

Here is after all cut.

Deer didn't seem to mind the tractor.20150825_192720.thumb.jpg.9f82ed286e095f

We got it all dug and seeded Saturday, now it needs a good drink. 

I never took pics while planting but wish i would have.  Hopefully the wheat grows.

That looks like a nice chunk of land there! I planted a combination 2 weeks ago of mostly winter wheat, winter rye, and oats. I also added in clover in one of the plots, and soy beans in another. My plots are coming in very good, and have been drawing the deer in to them every day. This is my first year in food plots of any size, before they were just small 20x20 foot areas in the woods, maybe a little bigger in some areas. Now I have 3 plots that are between a half acre, and 1 acre, and I also have an old logging road that I have planted some of it. It is almost as fun as hunting itself, and it gives me something to pass the time in between hunting seasons.