• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fox Run Kennels in Mora. Matt Eder is the guy you need to talk to. He does mostly training but I know that he has a few personal GSPs, if has a litter any time soon I wouldn't hesitate to get one. He is really good with young dogs also, he has a wonderful puppy program there at the kennel. They introduce the dog to birds, guns and just the idea of hunting for someone. Real good guy too!! I wish I had a number for you, I'll look around and post it if I can find it.

Thank you for the info setterguy. I will look into it when I'm ready for the pup.

I should have also said that I'm willing to drive to ND,SD,WI and IA as well for a quality kennel.

You could call the MN Horse and Hunt Club in Prior Lake.

They specialize in breeding GSP's. I bought one for my Wife as our second field dog and she is a superior hunter and has a great disposition.

------------------
Chells

LMITOUT,
Before you do anything you should contact Phil Mathiowetz of Windwalker Kennels located South of Redwing. He is the field trial chairman of the GSPCA and has trained many field champions as well as a national amateur gun dog champion. He has a kennel full of hunting and trial GSP's and would be happy to "demo" them for you. He also has a litter coming in July. I spoke with him not long ago and he said the stud used in that litter has produced some real nice shorthairs in a number of breedings. Both the sire and the dam have good pedigrees. This man is a fountain of knowledge on GSP's and I encourage you to talk with him regardless of what you do. He has connections to breeders all over the country and if he doesn't ahve what you need he'll find someone who does.

One thing I would do is a lot of research before just picking a kennel or breeder. Try to determine what you want in your GSP. They come small and large, super fast and ploddingly slow, big ranging rockets and close ranging boot polishers. You can pretty much get whatever you want for a GSP but you need to do the hard work up front. If you want to talk further we can exchange emails. Goodluck.

GSPMAN

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 07-31-2003).]

Thanks for the info. That's why I am doing a little research now in preparation for purchasing the dog next spring.

I'm interested in talking with someone who is familiar with this dog and what I should be aware of.

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by LMITOUT (edited 07-30-2003).]