• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

N.P. off-season Landscapes

I was recently in Utah visiting some National Parks during the winter off season. The scenery was stunning. The crowds were light to non-existent. The blue skies are incredible. Below are a few of my favorite images.

full-6648-54302-zionangeltrail640x480.jp

This is the Virgin River valley in Zion N.P. The scenic drive runs along the valley floor.

full-6648-54303-brycearch640x480.jpg

This is an Arch in Bryce Canyons N.P. It had snowed a few feet about a week before our visit. The snow added to the beauty.

full-6648-54304-capitolreefsun_sidehickm

This is Hickman Bridge in Capitol Reef N.P.

full-6648-54305-archesdelicatearch2640.j

An early morning photo of Delicate Arch in Arches N.P. Better light to photograph this would be near sunset. Unfortunately the two days we spent in Moab were cloud covered.

full-6648-54308-zionreflectingpool640x48

This small pool of snowmelt in Zion provided a perfect reflection of the surrounding topography.

full-6648-54309-utahhorseranch640.jpg

I spotted this old house along the highway. It was part of a horse ranch offering trail rides. The was a small sliver of sunlight illuminating it from an otherwise overcast sky. You may be able to see the old hitching post rail in front of the house. It seems like a classic western shot.