• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowmobile Trailer

lindy rig

I have a Sled Bed, standard two place, tilt, alum snowmobile trailer. Last year one of the two pivot bolts busted. At least I think that's what it's called... basically a bolt that holds the frame together and allows the bed to tilt.

Is this pretty rare? Any idea what shop could fix this for me? Are there better brands of trailers, Triton for example?

Maybe you could bring it to Forest Lake Trailer? They sale Triton's but maybe they could fix it up. The road salt is very bad on these swivel bolts over time.

With a set of jacks and a buddy you may be able to bang out the old one and put in a new hardened bolt. If, it goes well and as long as your under there you may as well put in a new one on the other side. If you have enough man power just turn the darn thing on it's side. Saws-all, big hammer, punch two new bolts! Back on the road! wink

Happened to my Sledbed 2 years ago. Good luck getting those bolts out of there. I ended up having a friend help out with a front end loader. We flipped it over and used acetylene and a little force. There was NO way those bolts were coming out without heat.

I put plenty of no seize on the new ones....

Good Luck

Thanks guys. I am bringing it to Forest Lake Trailer this week. I didn't even know they existed, so thanks for the tip. In the event they can't fix it... Dtro I did read your previous post but I don't think it said did you use special bolts? Were they Sled Bed bolts? I think they are out of business now

Thanks guys. I am bringing it to Forest Lake Trailer this week. I didn't even know they existed, so thanks for the tip. In the event they can't fix it... Dtro I did read your previous post but I don't think it said did you use special bolts? Were they Sled Bed bolts? I think they are out of business now

I'm sure the guys at Forest Lake Trailer will do what ever they can to fix a competitors trailer! Just so they can say, see their junk! grin