• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jmg

Trout Cuisine

Hi!. I know I have probably asked this at least once, but what are some favorite baits and lures of those of you who will be partaking in "combat fishing" next weekend in Chaska or elsewhere? Seems that they sometimes have a preference for something orange or white, but are there some other fav colors?

Are wax worms or spikes the favorite live bait and/or has anyone tried butter worms and if so, where did you find them in MN? I assume that minnow heads are legal as long as they are dead and frozen before brought onto the waters of a designated trout lake. Are they worth the hassle or will the previously mentioned bait offerings suffice? Any help is always appreciated.

My new favorite trout jig has become the Duckbill Drop from Clam. This jig has an action like no other that you can swim, drives trout crazy. It seems like waxworms are the bait of choice for most but I usually tip mine with a pink plastic of some sort. Good luck this weekend!

Garett, thanks for the info. Follow-up report. Survived "Combat Fishing" once again on the courthouse pond. We caught three, 2 keepers and one I hope to catch again in May. You were right, waxworms seemed to be the preferred bait.

we sure weren't lacking for company there at the pond, but it was fun.