• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nissan service question.

I am looking for some advice/suggestions/ideas, please.

Had passenger side mirror fixed today at dealership. My wife picked up the vehicle and they told her the motor for mirror and passenger side window was not working.

I know the motor on the old mirror was working the day before. I can not say for sure the side window was working.

Is this coincidence or their fault. What should/can I do?

Vehicle is 2008 Nissan Quest.

Thanks for your time and responses.

Riverfish

I had a similar incident once, after replacing a cracked windshield at the local glass shop, we found our car's wiper would not work. It was a nice car that I keep in top shape and would never leave the wiper broken, but the glass shop denied having caused the issue. I got pretty irate with the person who fielded my phone call and I quickly asked to talk to the owner and would not back off. They finally agreed to look at it again and finally agreed to replace the wiper motor. Had I backed off early, I would have been stuck with the cost to replace the wiper.

If your Nissan is in good condition and you believe the shop caused the problem, I'd recommend telling them that things were in good shape before you gave it to them, so you expect them to fix any issues. And don't back off when they push back ... just tell them you need to talk to the owner. That will likely get their attention.

Wonder if you have some broken wires in the flex joint between the door and the body of the vehicle?

You say the dealer "fixed" the mirror but it doesnt work now? If this is the case she should not have driven the vehicle off the dealers lot in my opinion. Go back and let them know the situation see what they will do for you.

FOLLOW UP.

Thanks for the responses.

You guys will love this. I called and talked to the dealership and made an appointment to get this issue resolved. They gave me the run around about if it is not realated to the mirror they will have to charge.

Anyway, I am driving the van the next day and I notice that the lock window is on. I can not believe that they did not check this. Apparently they went through all the fuses and wires and did not check the window lock. Passenger window works fine.

Work was done today on the mirror and the service tech did not connect the wires correctly. Wires connected and mirror works.