• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Muskiemanzan13

Siren/Grantsburg area ice reports

Heading out tomorrow morning bright and early. Plan on fishing Big Wood or Spirit. Will post ice reports probably on Monday.

Good luck,

-Zander

Spooner area about 45 min due east has fishable ice. Should be able to get out around that area too. Good luck guys. BE SAFE! It's early still. Headed out to 5-6 inches today in the duluth area.

Hey woodn,welcome to the forums! Be sure to let us know what you found.

Spirit lake had 5"-6" all the way from the access to the weedy bay. Very slow. Punched 20+ holes and only marked a few fish.

Yellow Lake had 7"-8" down by Jeffries and out past the break a ways.

Trade had 4"-5" but the only catches were dink perch and sunnies. Devils lake looked locked up all the way across. Should be 5"+. Next weekend all of those lakes up there will be walkable.

Good luck and stay safe,

-Zander

Hey woodn,welcome to the forums! Be sure to let us know what you found.

Thanks, ran across the site doing a search for ice reports and what a great place for so much info. Thanks for the report back, will be out somewhere up there next weekend

Planning on heading to this area again on Sat. or Sun. Will report back if I make it up there.

Good luck,

-Zander

Planning on heading to this area again on Sat. or Sun. Will report back if I make it up there.

Good luck,

-Zander

Well be up there saturday also

Out on Devils today and found anywhere from 7-8 inches of ice on the north east Corner before you get to the landing. Talked to the giy in siern at the bait shore and has heard ice being spotty, so we walked and never took the atv out.

Didn't make it up this weekend. Will be up either on Yellow or on some siren area lakes.

Will definitely report back.

Good luck,

-Zander

Wood lake had good ice but inconsistency was very present. Just out of Akermark bay where the other access is and out and to the east, there was around 6"-7" of ice. But on the west side near the other access there was 10"+ of ice and small vehicles out.

Good luck,

-Zander

I have new IC LOTW 8/20 tandem (hasn't been used as of today), are the lakes safe to drive on with 1/2 ton pickup plus fish house?

Haven't been up there for a few weeks but back then everyone was driving out. Plenty of wheelhouses out there too.(I was fishing Yellow Lake).

Yellow has 24"-26" of ice. Not a lot of snow cover so driving won't be an issue.

Join the conversation

You can post now ↓↓↓ or ask your question and then register. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• get lottsa oil sunflowers out. they will come.  Just has a fox sparrow fly in.  White thoats and song sparrows should be close behind. 
    • Scare some 50 miles north Eyeguy. 
    • Couple of questions/comments... Check the draw on your AC. I assume that 15amp @ 14 awg will be good enough, but would be good to confirm. Make sure to look at the draw at start up. Have you gotten the 12 ga THNN wire yet? Seems like a lot of the companies tend to oversell the gauge of the wire. It looks like you have overkilled the gauge requirement for most of your DC circuits (i.e. lights) which is good, but if you feel it is lightweight, you might want to step up your furnace and DC outlets again Hard to tell from the schematic, but you are running both ground and positive back to the source correct? I wouldn't start tying ground circuits together. Every connector that you put in a wall is a potential fail. Obviously it is unavoidable for items on the same circuit, but the schematic looks like you are tying grounds across circuits. Just a follow on to the previous comment.... Are you spray foaming or doing batts/foam board? We did spray foam "from the outside in" against the tongue and grove before we sided it. For that reason, we cut PVC and used it as a junction boxed and then taped the ends of the PVC before foaming. All connections occur in these boxes... that way we can get to them "if" some butt connector causes a problem or we need change out something (had a few hold lights fail, and this work awesome to replace) Are you putting your hole lights on a switch? Didn't see one in the drawing Are you using pancake style ceiling lights? I was wondering if you had the capability to turn them off individually if desired. Another comment on the same topic. We put in a 3-way for the ceiling lights so that we have one switch by the entry door and one by the back bunk.... Is definitely nice when the rattle reels go off at 2 am! These are just somethings that we did... along with some things that we should have did - but it looks like you have put a lot of thought into this. It is definitely easier to do things the right way first!
    • Usually first part of may they get here. Tons of finches here yet. And juncos and the regular wood peckers. Hopefully see some cool new ones soon. 
    • Any word on Orioles heading north yet? I'm still a sterile bird void at my feeders. 
    • I'm washing every wall and ceiling in the house .... and it's kickin my butt. Pass the Advil.  
    • Well, something is broken. These links should have worked. It's been strangly inconsistant this way all along. The 2nd and 3rd are from the Ben Harper video already posted so ... yea its broken. Too bad.   https://youtu.be/Wck03Y72340   https://youtu.be/4B-VMr2-228 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B-VMr2-228  
    • Interesting, I found some info online about it.   I went to Rosemount HS.  
    • waytekwire.com has great wire plus other supplies, and is local. Puts regular store wire to shame.
    • Was curious is all,  billy goat was the bridge on parkway. 
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.