• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bearcat 570xt gas mileage

Dylan Hudson

I just picked up a bearcat this past summer and was wondering if anybody had experience taking one on long distance trips and what the gas mileage is like. I was talking with somebody over the weekend that said they knew somebody who had one on a trip at lotw and run into problems keeping up with somebody on the 4 stroke model. I know the 2 stroke doesn't compare to the 4 stroke mileage wise, but is it something I should be worried about? I usually take a few trips a year up to lotw and take the trail from Warroad to the Northwest angle which I think is roughly a 40 mile trip one way and then normally fish a few different spots. Filling up after the day isn't a problem but should I be worried about bringing extra gas along for the day? When I bought the machine and hearing how big the tank was, I never imagined I would run into the problem of running out of gas.

At about 7 mpg with the 17 gal tank you should get about 140 miles on a fill up. I have the Panther 570 long track and get about 10 mpg with the 14 gal tank at about 140 tank fill. The Bearcat is a heavier and lower geared unit.

You could look into rejetting to see if you can get a little better mpg out of it but not sure it's worth the work. The best thing on a long trip is just to keep even on the throttle and an even travel speed without punching it all the time. Which is not much fun, but you go further. wink

And Welcome to the forum! smile

I think Leech is right, your right thumb plays a big part in your mileage.

I think you will be fine.

Nice sled by the way, I know of a couple of factory field test riders who own this same model, it might not be the fastest or best mileage machine but it is awesome ice fishing machine.

Dylan,

Leech is pretty close. I have a 2012 AC T570, the trail version with the same engine. Mine only has an 11 gallon tank but when running on lakes I can get 9-10 mpg on a run like you'll have up to the Angle. With the 17 gallon tank you should have no problems whatsoever spending the day fishing and geting back. ( Worse case is a run to Sunset resort on Oak island for a fillup).

I do a bit too much trail riding to go that route, but did look at them when I was looking. I have been very happy with mine so far, the only issue is that my electronic fuel sensor went last winter (note to self, get that fixed grin ).

Dylan,

Leech is pretty close. I have a 2012 AC T570, the trail version with the same engine. Mine only has an 11 gallon tank but when running on lakes I can get 9-10 mpg on a run like you'll have up to the Angle. With the 17 gallon tank you should have no problems whatsoever spending the day fishing and geting back. ( Worse case is a run to Sunset resort on Oak island for a fillup).

I do a bit too much trail riding to go that route, but did look at them when I was looking. I have been very happy with mine so far, the only issue is that my electronic fuel sensor went last winter (note to self, get that fixed grin ).

Well, if I am off by 1 mpg, and have a 14 gal tank you sure as helll don't want to follow me and take my word for how much gas you have left!! laugh

NO worries there, I am pretty good about topping off whenever I have the chance Trail riding mpg's are way different than running a lake unless your running tons of slush where you gotta be on the throttle constantly. Hope this cold freezes down the swamps and lakes good, then we need some more snow : )