• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Black and White Challenge

Our Detroit Lakes Photo Group took turns challenging each other with a five B&W in five days challenge. Kind of fun to set the camera to Black and White and shoot that way.

Pump at Maplewood State Park. Getting dark and had to hurry.

full-1946-50950-001small.jpg

War memorial in Detroit Lakes. Star filter and fog filter added to camera.

full-1946-50951-005smalla.jpg

Crystal baseball given to me by my sister. Put a light under a drinking glass and set the ball and its pedestal on top of the glass for lighting.

full-1946-50952-008small.jpg

Stacked a neutral density filter with a polarizing filter to blur the movement of the water.

full-1946-50953-028smalla.jpg

Dad sighting in his rifle for deer season.

full-1946-50954-051small.jpg

My five entries.

Feel free to take the challenge and add you pics to this post. It was kind of fun.

I still favor B&W all these years later...clear back to when I saw the first A.Adams stuff and then started shooting news with a Leica M2 and M3.Some of my favorite images (personal) are in B&W and I enjoy certain ancient movies done in B%&W. It's hard to described the dozens of tonal differences sometimes in just ONE scene in some of those movies.

Egads......for a day a field, a nice M3 or basic Nikon and a bag of Tri-X or PanX.

Of course now I am old enough that I even THINK in B&W! Ha Ha Ha.

Nice work boys.....have fun.

Come to think of it maybe I'll go out tonight with my little pocket Nikon and see what I can do with it.