• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout Year In Review

JBMasterAngler

Now that all the trout seasons are closed, how did everyone do this year? This was by far the most successful trout season of my life! I set a record for most trout caught in a season! Set a new record for trout caught in a single day! Caught the biggest stream trout of my life, a 28 inch steelhead! And also caught every species of trout in MN (including tiger trout)! My 3 year old son even got in on the action, catching his 1st ever trout last week!

I discovered how awesome trout fishing in WI is, which led to many outings to the kinni and rush rivers, which helped me catch so many of my trout this season. Met a lot of nice people on the streams, and had good conversations. The only thing I missed out on this past year was the winter season, which given all my other highlights, isn't too big of a deal. Can't wait to don the waders again next spring!

southeastern Minnesota offered a good trip this year for me. I went down there for a family camping trip this september and hiked into the revines, in the middle of nowhere I found a small creek that contained many brookies. Its gonna be another spot I will hit next year.

FYI, I believe that certain SE MN streams are open all winter for C&R and artificials only.

For me, I just moved NE Iowa and started fishing in Nov. I must say fishing with a fly rod and walking streams is a really nice experience. I have luck with mostly nymphs and I am starting to enjoy Wooly Buggers.