• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

06 mariner remote start

The remote start on my daughters mariner does not work correctly. It beeps the horn once then wont start then beeps multiple times. Did plenty of research and tried multiple times to reprogram it, went into and out of valet mode, relearn each fob..... no luck. Is thers anywhere cheaper than a ford stealership to take it to to get it reprogrammed, fixed?

Are you sure it is a dealer remote start?

Can you post a photo of the FOB?

I am not aware of any factory remote starts for that year. I also checked the owners manual and cannot find anything for a remote start. This leads me to believe that it is an aftermarket system and you Ford "stealership" (funny btw) will likely not be interested in looking at it.

Typically the brains of these units are located behind drivers side of the dash up above your feet. Also if you see a few extra wires under the hood it is also not a factory system.

Now I understand. It is a dealer installed remote start provided by the manufacturer. It does not come from the factory with this option.

I have never run into it personally, and i am willing to bet there is no information available on Mitchell or alldata as well.

I am wondering if there is a problem with the PATS part of the remote start.

John or Scott may have some better info for you when they see this.

I didn't touch these when I was at the dealer, the only advice I can give you is if the blue LED is flashing rapidly, the auto start thinks a door is open i believe. Usually its due to a faulty hood switch that is wired to the module.

Take this with a grain of salt, I ran away when those factory add on remote start problems arose.

I tried it with the key in, did not start. It gave 5 quick chirps of the horn then nothing. Where is the hood switch? The only switch I can see is by the latch down about 3 inches. Not even sure if its a switch or not. I dont see a button or pin that would even touch the latch. That might be a temp. sensor or something else.

I like how Fishing tech put it about 150.00 at a "stealership" or have someone else that is not going to know that system and charge u the same and maybe not get it fixed for ya! I know u were just kidding but that is the kick in the ... for a dealership tech! Most likely the controller isn't seeing input either door or hood, it also could be that the module has lost the tach learn, then aftermarket units we put in chirp 5 times when it loses the tach, if you google that model number or if you have a manual try a tach relearn

I worked at a dealership for 30 years. The dealership charges more then independent shops. The point I was making is that a dealer tech has the experience and tools at their hands to make the repairs faster. I have had many independent shop techs come to me and ask about problem vehicles that they are working on for days. My response was tow it in, I will fix it. Do you think that they didn't charge the customer for that time?

Now I am not a fan of the dealer charging #160/hr which is what ours was at when I retired in July. But they do have more overhead and factor trained techs. However all techs are not the same. As in most things greed becomes a part and some of our techs would and will over charge customers because we made our own estimates. I think that that is completely wrong and vocalized that.

The point I was making is that a dealer tech has the experience and tools at their hands to make the repairs faster.

A better point would be to say that there are outstanding techs in both the dealer and the independent shops. There are also less than desirable techs at both as well. Finding the good ones is the hard part. They are not necessarily at a dealer and they are not necessarily at an independent shop. wink

Quote:
A better point would be to say that there are outstanding techs in both the dealer and the independent shops. There are also less than desirable techs at both as well. Finding the good ones is the hard part. They are not necessarily at a dealer and they are not necessarily at an independent shop. wink

Correct, I should have said that. Sorry about that. Do all independent shops have all the repair tools that are specific to ie Ford or Chevy or what ever the make is that a Dealer would have? I will admit that there are guys were I worked that I would not let touch my vehicle or anyone I know vehicle. Sad but good tech are hard to find. About as hard as an honest one if you ask me.