• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2014 NoDak Waterfowl Reports

Sure hope I can look to some of you folks for some help with this one.

I'm planning to bring my two sons, and my son-in-law "to be" out to North Dakota for some waterfowl hunting this October, and maybe into November if it stays open that long.

We'd originally planned to come out for a 4-day weekend over the 23rd thru the 26th, but my future son-in-law can't dodge out of work that weekend, so we're now targeting the weekend of Oct 30th thru Nov 2nd. This early cold weather we're having right now has me worried.

I've seen the NoDak sloughs freeze up almost overnight in early November, and everything is all but gone with the frozen water.

I'm really walking the fence on whether we should move our 4-day weekend up to the 16th thru the 19th, but I'm also thinking that might be pretty early to catch the big push.

If folks are okay with sharing some up to date intell, I'd sure appreciate some reports, even from non-hunters, on what you're seeing moving thru the state.

Thanks in advance. And yes, I am also watching the DU migration reports as well. Thanks again. I look forward to hearing how everyone is doing thru October and into November.

Just got back from NoDak yesterday. We hunted the Devil's Lake area and we were only a few birds short of our 4 man limit for the 3 days that we hunted. Did well in the wheat fields every morning and we didn't even scout for the fields that the birds were using heavily. Shot quite a few mallards and pintails as well as gadwall. Beans were coming down while we were there and corn is all still up. Water levels were good too. I thought there were a pretty good number of local birds there and it wasn't too tough to shoot a limit. We will be going back the 17th through the 23rd and I would be glad to share reports with you if you're there at the same time.