• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mid-summer Drop-shotting help

RandyFish

Hello All,

I wanted to trying drop-shoting along weed edges, particlurarly along turns, points and gradual sloping edges.

My approach would be to tie off the hook at a depth bit higher than weed tops, then attempt to work the drop shot rig kind of like a jig...pull/retreive slowly, then give slack so the lure can fall, wait a bit...repeat

Does this approach make sense? Any particular plastic that makes sense for this?

Also do you cast out (30 yards plus) or is drop shotting more of veritcal presentation situation?

Do you fish milfoil "holes" with this?

Any hints would bit appreciated.

Thanks.
RandyFish

I wrote an article on dropshotting for another web page... e-mail me and I will send you the web addy.. not sure they want me posting another fishing web page addy on FM's page...

[email protected]

but to anser your question quickly...

a 4" finess worm or small tube workks really well.. and short casts and more verticle is best. and YES it works...

[This message has been edited by Exudedude (edited 04-20-2004).]

the last few years i have been trying with drop shotting. i have been able to pick-up extra fish after i have gone through an area or spot with another presentation. i have used the same set-up as usually described with the hook exposed. i fish mine vertically and just twitch the end of the rod tip to leave the weight on the bottom. casting the lure out takes to much time. it is best to use a different technique to find area where bass are than use the dropshot as a backup. i am interested with what others have found?

[This message has been edited by sicheneder (edited 04-20-2004).]

[This message has been edited by sicheneder (edited 04-20-2004).]