• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Decals?

Chev_trucks501

Hi all,

Here is my problem. I am moving back to minnesota in Late May and I currently live in North Dakota. I tried to register my boat in Minnesota and they told me I needed a Minnesota Address. Well I won't have a minnesota address until after fishing starts. My boat is currently registered in ND. It is a new boat so should I just put on the decals and switch them next year? (Are they hard to get off Fiberglass Boats?) Or should I wait and register and affix my decals with the mn numbers right away...???

Any Info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Happy Fishing smile.gif
Chev

chev. i can't help you with the minn. laws. but to get stickers off a glass boat the easiest way is to a heat gun or a hair dryer . the hair dryer takes longer , but it will work.you just heat the sticker til the glue starts to release and slowly work it off. del

I believe something in the regs states that if you use the boat in minnesota for less than a certain amount of time and its is registered in another state, it doesn't have to be registered in mn. I think you could use this regulation to your advantage. Move here and use it fish with until you get your licence. Should be fine I think.

Chev,

As long as your current boat registration is still valid for the 2004 season, you need not worry about it. The DNR/sheriff will only hassle you if your boat registration is expired. Get settled in then take care of it.