• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What do you use to get through the muck?

LOWinEYEin

In regards to Milfoil season, What motor do you prefer do get to the holes?

Which trolling motor?

Is there a T Motor prop that does it better than the rest?

The Minnkota 36Lb thrust seems to do pretty good for me.

I dont normally like to flame companies online. However if you do not have a minnkota, you are not getting threw with battery when you are done. I have a maxxum 74 lb.. and love it.. I would trade my Triton before I traded that Trolling moter!

I have the "other" brand name with a three blade prop. I does not do well at all through the weeds. It's a 67lb 24 volt and I'm seriously considering a swap.

Trident-Do it.. it will be the best decision you have ever made. You will not believe how much more battery you have at the end of the day with a minnkota...

MotorGuide moters are very popular in states that dont have the weed growth that we do. They make a great product and I hear they have very good customre service. However, not the best weed motor made...

I've convinced myself to switch. Checking on some deals.. The only thing I'm wondering is if the MK foot pedal fits into my recessed foot basin(BassCat). Anyone know this? I'd like to hear from somebody and there experiences with this before I contact BassCat. It looks like a very tight fit. Can a person easily re-wire the MK plug with the MG plug without problems. I assume they are different. I would rather keep the same female built-in receptacle and rewire the plug end if not to big of a hassle. Thanks.

They really mean it when they say Minnkota is 4WHEEL DRIVE FOR YOUR BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have used both motorguide and Minnkota and I fish some of the heaviest slop you'll find on the lake!! I love pullen those pigs outa the muck and my 65MX 24 volt last all day long in it for the tournaments I fish ! The stuffs so thick you could probably get out of the boat and walk to shore across the matt but the workhorse Minnkota Chomps on through .No other trolling motor will ever touch my rig
Tight lines all
Basswaker

Minn Kota Maxxum all the way. Strong, quiet, dependable, and great customer service.
Not mention they are also great on batteries and chow through weeds like none other.

Ross