• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BIG FISH

katoguy

21 1/4 inch LM 5# 13oz on the digital on Lake Waconia inabout 7 inches of water, i swear the back must have been sticking out of the water under that tree

Had another one later that year that was
20 3/4 inches and i am willing to bet that fish was over 6 lbs, it looked twice as fat as the other one,

21.5 incher on Lake Pierson in 1999 on a plastic worm in shallow water

and 20" smallie, but that was on Campire lake in Ontario, Canada, still a very nice fish, but would have been better around here, but i am not complaining,
ALL OF THE ABOVE WERE RELEASED!!!

NICE FISH EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!

JS

JigginSpoon,

Sounds like we fish in the same neighborhood.

I have gotten plenty of 20-21" fish out of Waconia, but my biggest was 23" out of Steiger in Victoria. All of these fish were released.

Steiger is my favorite for large bass and pike.

SW Muskeye
I was looking at Steiger once last year and thought about fishing it. It looks like a nice little lake. I do most of my fishing for bass in waders, Is Steiger a good lake for waders? Is the shoreline a good aproach to the lake? If so is what side? Thank you
friendly

I wish I knew the answer to this question but I don't seem to be able to remember.

My biggest bass I caught out of a farm pond in Pennsylvania when I was about 12; I know we weighed it and it went 6 something, but 6 what???? And I have no clue on how long it was.

In the past few years I have caught several 21 inch Bass that were in the 6lb range, but never weighed them.

As for Smallies, I think I have gotten a couple at 20" and I know I have gotten at least 5 over 19".

Largemouth... 22 1/2" in 2' of water on a white Senko

Smallmouth... 21" power tube in the 'ssippi and 21" on Mille Lacs slip bobber and a leach.

All three went right back in the water.

My biggest largemouth is 6.2 out of prior lake with a crank bait.
My biggest smallie was a 23 inch seven pound pig out of mille lacs i caught it throwing a shad rap on the shallow rocks. Terry McQuid said it was one of the biggest he has seenome out of there. Tony capra caught one the year before me and it was was 23 1/2 inches and over seven pounds if i can remember right. there are some monsters in there. I have caught a dozen or so 5 pounders.

Friendlyfisher,
Steiger has a fishing pier on the south end of the lake and a few years back i would catch numerous northerns and bass off of the pier, including some 19 inch bass and a few 34 inch pike, sounds good off of a pier if you ask me, so i am sure there is plenty of water to fish in waders out there

SWMuskeye,
it does seem like we fish the same waters, i noticed you located on pierson, i have fished that lake about a 1000 times with my buddy who used to live across the road from the lake, we would just nail the huge bass in the shallows early in the bass season,

JS